Solid C100 Floorstanding Speakers

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Solid Solutions Center Speaker

Submitted by Mububban a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
I found the Solid C100 (I'm guessing it's a'98 model) in a second hand store and got it for $75 Australian (about US$32). It's the only reason I bought it really. A friend of mine has one and it sounds okay on his Yamaha system, but I've got a Harmon Kardon amp and Harmon's sound much better than Yamaha's, so the speaker really got shown up for being an average performer.
Clarity's okay, it just doesn't have the bottom end or a really full, well-rounded sound that you need for all the subtleties of home theatre, especially music DVD's.
I'll be upgrading my amp, rear speakers and sub-woofer before I spend money on a new centre. It's not horrible, but you can notice its shortcomings.

But hey, if you can pick one up for a steal like I did, it's great value for money!
So it gets 4 stars for value, but only if bought second hand, and only 2 stars overall - if it wasn't for the price, there is no way I would ever pay retail for this speaker.

Purchased At:   Second hand store

Submitted by Sérgio Lopes a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 9, 1999

Bottom Line:
Great center speaker, great sound, great design too, 5 stars.

Sansui PM-C100

I just scored some free Sansui pm-c100 speakers, but i can't seem to find any information about them on the internet? Can anyone tell me anything about them? Are they rare or something? Perhaps even worth a little money?Read More »

McIntosh C100 versus C2200

I am considering upgrading from my current C41 preamp to either the C-100 or the C2200 model. However, as I have no chance of auditioning them where I live, I would be grateful for any comments regarding their respective sonic performance.Read More »