Signet 256 Floorstanding Speakers

4.63/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $380.00

(See reviews)

Submitted by Ed Weiss a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
Nice loking small 2 way bass refles speaker. When I first had these speakers hooked up to my Creek 4040 S3 integrated amp the treble was kind of harsh and sizzly, even after break in. Later hooked it up to a Naim Nait I picked up on the cheap at audoiogone.com, a great site for used hi-end audio gear. Well everything improved by a great magnitude. Where did the harsh treble go? Deep bass, fantastic mid range. Played Cat Steven's " Tea For the Tillerman".. and forgot the equipment. I heard musical details I never heard befor. These are great speakers for the money. I got mine at net market.com. Signets are not too easy to find in most areas. Why not. They beat the pants off Tannoy M1's and B&W's 302... which I feel are overrated. These are the real deal. The only possible drawback is the treble. If your ancillay equipment is cheapo these will not sing the treble will get in the way. If you partner it with a Nait or other good integrated amp they will sing and so will you. Great value for money. On some recordings I actually heard the room yes, I did. Remember the speakers are only as good as the source, garbage in garbage out. Oh yea, cd player is the cal Icon, awesome, turntable, rotel rp-900, with rega rb-250 arm and audio-technica 440ml..all decent ancillaries. Worth an audition, if you can find them. consistantly be tamed.

Submitted by Lenard Dean a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 9, 1999

Bottom Line:
I haven't heard the speakers myself but check out the well written review at http://thestar.com.my/audio/1096/03signet.html

Submitted by Atif Zia a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 29, 1998

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased a pair of these speakers at $350 CDN. The sound is very deep, treble slicing a thin frequency out of thick tangible rear acoustic sound. I have found that the thickness of bass is very 3D in the sense that height, angle and direction of the speaker can create really heavy duty bass amplitude summation from the two speakers. These speakers run great on my old 480 Watt Nikko amplifier as well as a mini Technics home stereo. Very good for parties.

Submitted by TAO GU a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 3, 1998

Bottom Line:
These mini monitors have only one step from high-end, with big soundstage and powerful bass which suits chorale music best. They are easy to drive without very low impedance. Midrange seems a bit laidback. The outside build quality is average. For the price I'd give four and a half stars.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Anthony Criseno a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 25, 1998

Bottom Line:
The moment I heard this speaker I knew that this is one of the one the best in terms of price/performance ratio. Everything sounded so musical and its so easy to drive. The only thing that prevented me to purchasing these speakers is that I was able to get an Epos ES11 for a lower price.