Ruark Equinox Floorstanding Speakers

Submitted by Vince Parkin a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2017

Bottom Line:
Stone cold giant killer, along with beautiful cabinet work. I`m running these with a Musical Fidelity AMS 35I class A amp and they are stunning. The detail, timing and quite a bit of low end for a stand mount. I paid £600 just over a year a go and I sold my B&W 804s, and the Ruarks stomped all over the B&Ws`s. When I put the B&As back in it sounded like the speed of the sound had been turned down, the information was missing, and this was a 3 grand speaker that previously beaten every thing that I tried against them. There were some very expensive speakers that I tried. Needless to say the B&As were sold. Everyone of my pals who have heard the Ruarks all agree on the stunning sound quality. If you find some, buy them, you won`t regret it.

Submitted by esdxh06 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers from new and had them rewired with silver cable throughout in 98 this upgrade really makes these speakers sing and takes them to a whole new level I have changed equipment over the years and the Ruarks just get better with every change I make now using Opus21 Cd player with Simaudio moon i 5 intigrated all cables by nordostif you can get a pair of these fantastic speakers do so with the upgrade to silver wiring so much the better they will certainly last you through many improvements you make to your system. I have not auditioned anything to better these speakers without spending a conciderable ammount of money the pity is Ruark do not make these any more however I think there is a replacement in the pipeline possibly in 2005 2006.

Purchased At:   Hi Fi Corner Edinbur