RBH Sound 1266-SE
Description: Frequency Response: 27 Hz-20kHz (+3dB) Sensitivity: 88 dB (1 Watt / 1 Meter) Recommended Power: 20-250 Watts Drive Units: One 1" Fabric Dome Tweeter, Two 6 ½" Aluminum Cone Mid-woofers, One 12" Aluminum Cone Subwoofer

Submitted by Donald West a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2006

Bottom Line:
This product is difficut to review!! Try to find a dealer to buy this product!!! Then try to sell it if your dissatisfied! It constantly amazes me that speaker businesses STAY in business. Talk about management incompetence!! If you have ANY business accumen get into speaker sales. You can't go wrong!! What a desert of people who know nothing about what they are selling!! It's shameful!! The worse part are the OWNERS not knowing what they are doing! They are creative and engineering types who could care less about SALES!! It's amazing you and I (the public) end up with something useful as well as musical!!!!

Purchased At:   American Audio

Submitted by Tinear a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2005

Bottom Line:
These are terrific speakers and built in AMERICA. After a breakin of about 20 hours the first thing you hear is how smooooth they are and extend quite low though for movies you'll want a sub. And as these are real audiophile speakers you'll need the good stuff up front. Audioholics use these speakers in their reference systems and I can see why. But I wish I could be as positive about the seller American Theater Systems aka The Record Shop. Though the price is right there you better be sure you want them as there are NO returns and they can be a real bear to deal with. Bad attitude. Otherwise, this is a great product and highly recommended.

Purchased At:   American Theater Sys

Submitted by Mitla a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
These speakers are the best sounding speakers I have ever owned. I have not owned them all, but in this price range I've owned several. In all respects, i.e., high, mid and low range, the balance is excellent. These speakers put out a nice feeling of clean power without any effort. These beautiful to look at, Rosewood finish 1266s, are 4 ohm and powered by a B&K 307. They do need a substantial amp, with the wattage in the 150 range, preferably 200-250 perhaps. I had 2 pairs of Paradigm 100s- v.1 and v.2. Both fine speakers, but I favor the effortless RBH sound due to its superior engineering. These great speakers are little known. The current Stereophile Guide to H. Theater (Oct. 2002) might bring these into the limelight. RBH simply goes on product quality, performance and reputation, no need for fancy ads. (No, I don't work for them, I just appreciate quality for my money!) I have had these 1266s for a little over 2 months. I've been using the 661-SE for ft, lt, center channels. It was a tough decision to disconnect the 661s because they are ever so sweet. From the first time I connected them (Oct. 2001) I was astounded by the clear sounds and seperation of instruments in the recordings I'd heard for years previously. The 1266s are not broken in yet, and I expect them to be as satisfying as the 661s in the near future. IF you are in the market for new and wonderful sound, do not choose until you hear the fantastic RBH SE series. You owe it to your wallet and your music.

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by HL Stonestreet a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
This speaker is beautifully built, even with the speaker cover off the aluminum cone mid-range and bass drivers are very aesthetic. These speakers are very accurate and faithful to the recording being reproduced. They easily perform better, or as well as other speakers costing much more.

Based on many listening sessions with at least 10 other speaker manufacturers, I narrowed my choices down to RBH 1266-SE and NHT 2.9. I chose the 1266s for several reasons.

Probably the most important difference is how incredibly good the speakers sound no matter what type of music I played. In addition, the RBH 1266 have better imaging and are less forward sounding than the NHT 2.9. Although, I must say at first I preferred the more forward sound of the NHT, but later concluded that I would grow tired of this particular characteristic. The 1266 have a warm encapsulating sound that is very revealing. It begs you to listen past your alloted time frame.

In summary, I am thankful I took the time to find out about this little known speaker manufacturer. You can not go wrong with this speaker, or for that matter, the entire RBH line of home theater speakers.

My System:
Denon DVM-3700

Purchased At:   Broadway Music

Submitted by Vic Carrillo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
near perfect sound in HT and music. when matched with 661-se center 61se surrounds the sound is amazing .I recommend you give a listening to these gorgeously built tower speakers. My system B&K ref30 ATI1506 bridge for fronts¢er Anthem mca3 for surrounds panasonic dvd-a120 straitwire interconnects(serenad) speaker cables (maestro II)

Purchased At:   bms vision