ProAc Response D80 Floorstanding Speakers

• Sensitivity: 91db
  • Tweeter: 1" soft dome

Submitted by Roni a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2016

Bottom Line:
It,s amazing speaker.Quite detailed and awesome. Good for Jazz music.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by lyh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2007

Bottom Line:
I don't have these but I just listened to these at a audio shop. Very very amazing speaker. Listen and you will understand. Very mellow and tender yet very detailed. Very beautiful and handsome. I just felt in love its look and sound. Great for any Jazz or classical music. Vocal's geat too.

Submitted by wagnerian a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2007

Bottom Line:
Simply, The most hypnotizing speakers I have ever faced.

I am not an audiophile but I was looking for the best gears to listen to my lp & cd collection. Particulary, classical like Wagner, strauss... I spend 1/3 of my listening time for opera alone. So I wasn't interested in Monitor speakers that would give ear fatigue in an hour. - Remember that listening to whole Ring session of Wagner takes more than 13 to 15 hours to finish depending on which conductor's you choose.

I loved my Tannoy prestige but I was totally sold to these beauty around one and half years ago at one of my co workers home. I stopped searching the speakers to substitute my beloved Tannoy.

These big speakers have such golden hue you can not resist. And can listen all day long when listening to Wagner's.

If you are looking for really natural and ear fatigue free one, these would be my highest recommendaion along with Vienna Acoustic Mahler. - I am not the person who thinks B&W nautilus lines are the best. Actually, I DID hate those ear bleeding diamond tweeters. But, Vienna acoustic was really great along with these. I couldn't compare with it A/B comparison as there was no dealer in my area handling proac. But, check it out.

Truly 5 star speakers.

Purchased At:   dealer

Submitted by Giles A. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2007

Bottom Line:
This one was the ideal speaker I was always looking for. Completely made me into music itself. The most musical speaker I have ever experienced. of course, great dynamics,too. superbly engineered.

I always wanted to find the speakers which will produce any Wagner or Mahler properly. This one is. Of course, these will perform well no matter what you play. But, I felt the best for large scale classical like Ring series or Mahler's No.2 or 3.

If you are considering the most musical speaker, this would be my highest recommendation though I haven't heard D100. I wanted D100,too. But, simply gave it up due to size issue. - My room is about 600sq ft with 13ft ceiling.

Hope this helpful and get this if you can. And forget everything you've heard.

Thank you.

Purchased At:   Dealer

Submitted by juliana a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2007

Bottom Line:
As the gentleman below wrote about, this will produce any music in most beautiful way possible. (This means Proacs are not for studio monitoring at all IMHO...)
I was using B&W 801 and ATC SCM 50 until I hear these accidentally.
The speakers I used were great but I was getting tired of its cold and edge sound.

I heard a lot of good things about Proac but had no chance to hear these beauties. (I thought it's just box speakers but aesthetically it's truly a work of art.)

I am not talking too much about its sonic as the previous reviewer said well enough. However, one thing need to mention is GO FOR D80 if you are considering D38. It's a lot better in every way.(I was also considering D38 due to price but had to sell all my speakers to add fund to go to these. It's worth every penny once you get these.) If budget is tight, wait for the used one(though I only seen once on used market in con. USA.) as these will take forever to break in if you get new pair.

It's marvelous speaker which I will use until the end of my life. Listen to Wagner with these. Yo will know what I am saying. Enough said.

Price Paid:    $20000.00