Polk Audio TSi500 Floorstanding Speakers

4.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $399.00

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

The TSii/i is the flagship of the TSii/i series. It has spectacular power handling and accurate bass response. And, like the rest of the TSii/i series its designed to be highly efficient and voice-matched for lifelike surround sound environments. These TSii/i500 floorstanding speakers bring warm, dynamic audio to your theater system, and the sophisticated, modern design fits in just about any room. Floorstanding speaker bass-reflex (ported) design,frequency response 38-24,000 Hz The TSi500 is the flagship of the TSi series. With four 6.5" drivers, it has the power handling and bass response to sound spectacular.

Submitted by Lorren a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have been using these for a while. I have hooked them up to an old pioneer power amp, with my yamaha reciever. and a couple older denon reciever's. and my yamaha reciever, with a yamaha MX-1 power amp. I bi wire them strait from the reciever there not great underpowered. but once you give em the power they want 200 + watts they come alive! I thought they sounded best bi wired right from either of my Yamaha
765, or the 665. but I now power them with the MX-1 almost a direct match @ 8 ohms. as fronts. My room isn't large enough really! But they sound great!!! and truly they will rock the biock! they have great low end, no sub needed. and amazingly the highs are vivid. Figuring the 4 mid/bass would over power the 1 1inch. tweeter. not at all. I bought them new. and was just about to closet them. till I bi wired them, then found my MX-1. and wow! I have the TSi 200 for rears, and also B&W 685. and CS20 center. I woul;d definitly agree these are very good! but not with 100 watts or less. the like to be pushed. I would but them again if budget was a factor. I like the B&W's better but they are just a book shelf type. and cost more. so for the $ I love them!!!! befor I found the amp, I was really loving the TSI 200. they bi wired also sound superb.. and are more suitable for a modest reciever. and smaller room. neibors can sure hear me.

I had every intention of getting all Infinity speakers. and did get the sub. but just before I was about to make my choise I was listening to Infinity's book shelf speaker, right next to the polks. and just pushed the button. night and day. instantly it's all about the polks! so I bought the set! after I brought them all home had them running for a short time. my buddy brought his bose 601 and his Pioneer power amp. though the bose did sound good specially for their age. though replacement drivers. hands down the polk smash em. and just about any other I listened to accept the B&WS. agian if your in doubt, and not rich, go get em! but give em power. or go with the 200's you'll find yourself inlove with the the way they sound..

I had when I was much younger a poster of a guy in a chair with speakers infront of him a drink aside and the speakers blowing everything away. memorex or maxell? one of those. that's my goal!! haha these come close...

Submitted by pvsat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2009

Bottom Line:
Sound-

the best performance in the upper entry segment. I moved from a set of polk R300s to these and yes they make a huge difference in the sound. I feel the room shake during explosion and low bass sequences. They image very well..the image size increased about 2-3 times from the r300s when listening in 2 channel. I am using these with a CS20 center and the front sound stage is immense. I emailed Polk audio support and they suggested I use the Polk RC60i's for rears due to my living room layout. The entire system sounds very balanced with no change in tone going from rears to fronts. I am also very happy with the level of support as I received a reply within 24 hours.

OK onto the competition these beat to get into my home...i listened to Klispchs, JBLs, infinities in the same price range, put in Bose 201 and 301 into the mix just to see wht they could do since all my friends go gaga over Bose. result was pretty simple..the polks where cleaner at the highs and mids no matter what receiver i used on them. Only on certain tracks did the infinities and polks start sounding the same. If there was another brand that i would recommend it would be the infinities.

Since i was in the process of upgrading my receiver i went ahead and listened to these speakers with different receivers. Onkyo and Denon made the speakers sound natural and it was an amazing experience in 2 channel music. With the sony,yamaha, pioneer receivers i actually noticed the pronounced performance on highs on these..use these receivers if you are planing a beast of a Ht system..the speakers they are efficient at 91db..and will not need a lot of power to move air in medium to large room. These are defenitely not for smaller rooms. You need space of at least 2500 cuft to sound good and they get very loud. I have not pushed to them beyond my receivers (Yamaha rx-v465) limit which is around 100 watts, and i can tell you soundtracks and movies hit you in the chest and are so lifelike when you push them...there is no distortion at all. they just trump out the opposition at the price range.

Looks - the speakers look immense in size..44 inches tall and have a very nice finish to the cabinet. the gloss top is also a nice touch and makes the cherry color stand out better. remove the grills and you are treated to an array of 6.5s which are pretty similar to the monitor line :)! overall a joy to look at with or without grill.

Value - what are you waiting for...if you want to enter the realm of music and movies with a set of high quality fronts then go with these and invest in a good amplifier/receiver and Sub for breathtaking sound. Polk TSI500 are definitely worth the shot. Try them you wont be dissapointed.

Submitted by Sathish a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
Sound-
the best performance in the upper value segment. I moved from a set of polk R300s to these and yes they make a hugh difference in the sound. I feel the room shake during explosion and low bass sequences. They image very well..the image size increased about 2-3 times from the r300s. I am using these with a CS20 center and the front sound stage is immense. I spoke to polk audio support and they suggested I use the Polk RC60i's for rears due to my living room layout. The entire system sounds very balanced with no change in tone going from rears to fronts.

ok onto the competition these beat to get into my home...i listened to infinites P362s, Klispch Wf-34,35, JBLs. put in Bose 201 and 301 into the mix just to see wht they could do since all my friends go gaga over bose.
result was pretty simple..the polks where cleaner at the highs and mids no matter what recevier i used them.
Onkyo and Denon made the speakers sound natural and amazing experience in 2 channel music. With the sony,yamaha receivers i actually noticed the amazing performance on highs on these..use these with receivers from those companies if you are planing a beast of a Ht system..they are efficient at 91db..and will not need a lot of power to move air in medium to large room. These are defenitely not for smaller rooms. You need space of at least 2500 cuft to sound good and they get very loud. I have not pushed to them beyond my receivers limit which is 100 watts, and i can tell you soundtracks and movies hit you in the chest and are so lifelike when you push them...there is no distortion at all. they just trump out the opposition at the price range.

looks - the speakers look immense in size..44 inches tall and have a very nice finish to the cabinet. the gloss top is also a nice touch and makes the cherry color stand out better. remove the grills and you are treated to an array of 6.5s which are pretty similar to the monitor line, polk specialists said these are newer drivers and have been tweaked for better performance and i dont think they are lying :)! overall a joy to look at with or without grill.

Value- what are you waiting for...if you want to enter the realm of music and movies in high quality then go with seperate components and not the normal htib route. Polk TSI500 are defintely worth the shot. Try them you wont be dissapointed.