Polk Audio S10 Floorstanding Speakers

4.23/5 (13 Reviews)

(See reviews)

Submitted by Mauricio reyes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2013

Bottom Line:
S10

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Riko R. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2013

Bottom Line:
I purchased the S10's about six months ago for $80 from craigslist just because the match my furniture and planning on the near future get what I really want it. Well, let me tell you that I had found exactly what I was looking for. The sound, the look and all the complements that I get from friends about the speakers its incredible, even my fiance that doesn't know anything about audio equipment love them.
I currently got them hook up on a Harman Kardon AVR 25 II (old school to the fullest) and its a perfect match. I do recommend using a sub for hip hop, etc to keep the load of the bass off of the S10's. I'm so crazy about this speakers, that I'm searching for the all the "S" series out there (S4, S6, S8). Bottom line, Priceless...

Submitted by DanG a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2010

Bottom Line:
Ever since I was old enough to know better, I've loved Polk speakers (still have my 2 originals from 1988, still work/sound great). I purchased the S10's in 1995 for $300 apiece, and have driven them with a couple of different HK receivers over the years, and they have never failed me. The clarity of sound, and ability to get loud when I need it is still great. My wife would like me to replace them with something more compact, as they are the "old school" large speaker. But I can't find anything for the money that I like as much. I've had Cerwins of similar size that would get louder, and Klipsch's seem to deliver better low end at high volume, but these are the best all around I've owned. Not giving them up anytime soon.

Submitted by Matt Siegel a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2007

Bottom Line:
These speakers originally where my great uncles. when he passed away they were given to my father. Sadly enough he also passed away 3 years ago. they have always been an exceptional set of speakers as long as i can remember.
I have the hooked up w/100 watts rms to each speaker, and to take the low end stress off them i also have my cerwin vega ls12. great combo. when i see that no-one in my building is home i get a chance to push them, to avoid a noise violation. they are louder and clearer than most of the professional pa systems that ive seen at local venues. i dont know if i could live with out them!!!!

Purchased At:   inherited

Submitted by bigotb a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2006

Bottom Line:
First I wanted to straighten out the price I typed in because thats a clearical era.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Monitor Audio Silver S10

Planning on upgrading to the MA S10. Using for music and Home Theater. Any positive or negative feedback would be helpfull.Read More »