Polk Audio RT1000i Floorstanding Speakers

4.72/5 (43 Reviews) MSRP : $589.95

Floor Standing Speaker with Down Firing Bass Port - 6.5"(16.5cm) Subwoofer with 80 Watt (each) Internal Amp, 6.5"(16.5cm) Mid-Range Driver, 1"(2.5cm) Dome Tweeter

Submitted by macreel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
Well I have had these speakers for 3 1/2 years and i am still very happy with them. I play them extremely loud (when the wife is not here)and they can take it. Just wanted to say that I was out helping a friend look for a nice home theater system and was even keeping my eye open for maybe a possible upgrade to my system. And after looking quite extensively I could not find anything that I liked better. I looked at speakers that were comparable like NHT, Energy, Klipsch, and Mirage just to name a few. The only weakness of this speaker is the subs in them are kind of weak.Just get a good sub and you will be very happy. By the way I got these at no extra cost when they were on sale and I traded up from the rt800i at CC (trade up deal that CC had then).I Will not be looking again until they break which could be a very, very long time!!!

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Jonah Holofsen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
I like these speakers a lot. They have the right amount of bass, treble, and midrange. They have powered subwoofers, which are very flexible. They suit my listening needs perfectly. I have no qualms with these speakers. They are fantastic. I have decided to upgrade the rest of my mismatched home theater system and get the whole Polk Audio line. I have been searching ebay for a center speaker and some surrounds. As soon as I get them, I will review those as well. But overall these are great sounding speakers and they blow anything else in it's price range out of the water.

Submitted by Abe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
These speakers ROCK. Very impressive sounds that eminate from these speakers.

I love these speakers. period

They sound awesome with Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon

Purchased At:   CC

Submitted by Justin Rammert a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have been enjoying these speakers for about a year now. I replaced an old set of NHT speakers. I must say that I am impressed with overall quality and sound from these speakers.

I am an avid believer of quality. These speakers are 100% quality. I think they sound great hooked up to my Parasound amp. When I play all types of music, these speakers rock.

These speakers have a small footprint and look great. They sound like they are twice as big. Monster sound from a relatively medium sized speaker. I call that perfection.

Submitted by Mack a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
These speakers sound phenomenal. Perfect marraige of bass, mids, and highs. Take my advise. Get these speakers if you can find them used, or get the rti100's. They are just the same. They are very detailed and likelike in their execution. I have not been disappointed yet.