Polk Audio Monitor 10 Floorstanding Speakers

4.79/5 (43 Reviews)

loudspeakers

Submitted by Johnny Downunder a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2016

Bottom Line:
A pair of these came up for sale and after reading rave reviews here I grabbed them for $350 NZ.
They are superb at all frequencies and FINALLY after owning Rogers Studio 1a, B & W 603 S2 ,Energy Connoisseur 9, Quad 22L etc etc my search for the ultimate speaker has sadly come to an end! I am sure there are better speakers out there for many more dollars, but to my ears these offer everything I could ever want. The are warm, have superb timbral accuracy, handle all sorts of music including dreadful 80s drum tones etc with aplomb. I love them and best of my wife very surprisingly allowed them pride of place in the living room. They are not visual masterpieces but there are many uglier speakers out there. I am driving them with a Pioneer SC LX57 receiver and they sound fantastic.
If you ever come across a pair, grab them. You won't regret it

Submitted by Ted Cohen a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2014

Bottom Line:
In short I have had mine sine they first came out a long long time ago.
Spoke to Polk a few years back and they suggested replacing the tweeters with the old found in their current top of the line speakers and all new crossovers, resistors, etc.
It took me all of 30 minutes to make all the changes.
I out them up in the same league as my $10,000 Thiels.
They are not only great sounding but they don't make them like this any more.
The warmth comes through just like I'm listening to one of my vinyl records, which I do all the time.
I've had and have a number of high end speakers paired with Class A equipment.
If you can find a pair, get them at any cost.
I also suggest buying or plildingvstsnds at 6 degree offset for even better sound.
You can't go wrong.
Polk will tell you what new electronics you need and provide a wiring diagram as well.
Like me you'll love them and listen to them all the time.

Submitted by ed a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2013

Bottom Line:
I just got a pair today I saw them at the Salvation Army store while donating. The first thing I notice was the Polk Audio label, the second thing was $29.95 price tag for each speaker. I was amaze!!. This pair are in excellent conditions... I replaced my old BOSE monitor series with these Polk Audio Monitors 10. EXCELLENT Results. they are built solid, the sound is beautiful with great clarity, the power handling is superb . I got them wired using it's own power amp integrated with my Bose theater surround sound system and Two 10 woofers. It's music heaven......

Submitted by Scott a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2012

Bottom Line:
Believe or stuff it, got a pair of these at a garage sale a couple of year ago for a song ($20); they came with stands and they still look great. I have them as my home theatre main speakers and they absolutely slay anything I've ever had before. Given the quality,they'll probably outlast me and I can pass them down to my son.

Submitted by CT-Seven a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2010

Bottom Line:
Picked these up from a friend as a trade for other gear and wow! They sound very well nice tone and feel to them. My friend had them "restored" with new cabs and new wires and he also re-did the stands. They defenetely look like a work of art.

They are driven by a Carver M-500(t) Amp and a Carver CT-Seven Pre-Amp

Look for the A series as they have the peerless tweeters