Polk Audio LTi10 Floorstanding Speakers

1 1" silk dome tweeter
20-27 khz 35 - 26 khz bandwidth

Submitted by profmbo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2007

Bottom Line:
Based on comparison to mid price range 1000-2000 $
I found the LSi15 very natural with good equity between bass medium and high frequency. Listening to classical then jazz music the different instrument were there, present in front of me. The voice were very clear; only after 15 minutes of listening a really small excess of high frequencies resonance (not distorsion) was felt.
Comparison with same type of speaker from other manufacturer put them out immediately off race for this excessive resonance ih the high spectrum.
Comparison with lSi 15 from same manufacturer showed the -very small, I insist-resonance had disappeared but there was a little lack in the higher range; the compromise is difficult to my ears.
RTi10 is for me the best choice in this cost range. They will complete my vintage series of loudspeaker.
This trade is unfortunately not sold in France where I live now and I discovered it in Belgium where I am from. I was decided to buy another well known American trade when the comparison was proposed.
For listening at very high volume, I would not recommand them due to relative low sensitivity, but you are there at volume higher than real instrument and you have to mind your ears ! However for electronic music requiring very high level of bass, I would recommend to add an additional bass box, the .
A nice discovery not enough known on old continent ! I would recommend them to friends

Purchased At:   MUST HIFI LIEGE BELG