Polk Audio LSi15 Floorstanding Speakers

4.68/5 (34 Reviews) MSRP : $869.00

The LSi15 is a floorstanding speaker that delivers superior linearity, definition and imaging, as well as bass response that’s rich, deep and satisfying. Like the whole LSi Series, they are highly accurate and intensely musical. Their mirrored image driver arrays and Ring Radiator Tweeter present a large soundstage without sacrificing pinpoint localization. Listen to the LSi Loudspeakers with SACD and DVD-Audio sources to reveal their higher accuracy and resolution, with more dynamic response and superb focus. The LSi Series delivers three-dimensional imaging and remarkable reproduction of even the finest details.

Submitted by Don a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2012

Bottom Line:
I just purchased the LSi15, LSiFX, LSiC, DSW 66wi sub home theater set up at www.acousticsounddesign.com. I previously had the Infinity Alpha series, which was a good mid-range set. The LSi series sounds incredible and they are beautiful, as well. There is plenty of power to spare. I did, however, have to upgrade my Denon receiver to another Denon receiver that was capable of driving these 4 ohm monsters. I don't regret any of it.

I was very happy with my experience using Acoustic Sound Design. The shipment was even more prompt than I expected and I was very impressed with the packaging of the speakers. Mike, the owner was very helpful and I would definitely do business with them again.

There are very few of these speakers left, as they have been discontinued and replaced with the LSiM line. Get them while you can, as they are, in my opinion, one of the best speakers made for the money.

Submitted by meir cohen a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2011

Bottom Line:
the lsi15's are clean and clear. very good with my rotel ra 1070(100 wpc)
cambridge audio azur 840a v2 with a 200 wpc at 4 ohm can be very good with the polk lsi 15,
vrey good polkaudio speakers are: rti6. rti a7. lsi9.
the polk lsi15 are on top of all.

Submitted by dfwatt a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2009

Bottom Line:
I had heard good things about this system from several online reviews. I was fortunate to get this at a fire sale price on eBay as refurbished as a system for my office. Overall, it have to say it's a quite impressive speaker except for some boomy midbass - standard issue in most mass market brands, but surprising given the speaker's target audience, which is more high-end audiophile users. The reproduction of midrange and treble is excellent, although one needs to be on axis to get the best possible sound. Very good transient response, and excellent reproduction of vocal information. Given that the boomy midbass is correctable via tone controls, this is an excellent value in people looking for alternatives to Bose mass-market 'junk' products but who don't have money to buy a $3000 system. Compared head-to-head it holds its own with some very highly regarded high end speakers. Highly recommended as a great value.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by gmeredith a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2009

Bottom Line:
I use my speakers in a two channel music only system. The speakers are so clean it makes you feel like you have reproduced pristine laboratory conditions. Absolute detail and analysis of your recording are heard with these speakers. Once positioned properly, these speakers absolutely disappear and all you hear is music. Also, with proper positioning, these speakers look like a couple pieces of modern art siting in your room because you hear no sound coming from them and they look very nice. Depending on the recording, these speakers will at times sound thin if the recording does not contain deep bass content. Of course the sound is also effected by the acoustics of your listening room. I have since added the matching subwoofer (PSW1000), which caused the sound to bloom, become more dark and natural sounding compared to the original laboratory, pristine sound, caused a depth in the soundstage along with more bass weight on the deepest notes. The subwoofer helped to present a more lifelike presentation of the instruments. Also, with the sub online you could at times hear certain instruments even more distinguished than before, without the sub. I am sure I will go back and forth between listening with and without the sub online. As I said, these speakers were already good by themselves.

Purchased At:   Sontag TV

Submitted by bcrisp a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2008

Bottom Line:
I'd like to provide a detailed review once these speakers break in properly, but first I'd like to provide the following warning:

***IMPORTANT*** If you are using these speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 system with a subwoofer, and notice weak bass, REVERSE THE PHASE OF YOUR SUBWOOFER.

When I had them playing in stereo mode along with my my subwoofer, the bass sounded very weak. There was no bottom and I couldn't understand it. I was so dissapointed with the sound I almost boxed them up and sent them back. Luckily, while I was tweaking, I tried reversing the phase of my sub and WOW what a difference. I was so relieved. Why? you ask.

My best guess is the woofers of the LSi15's are designed to fire inward and force the pressure wave into the enclosure and out the port at the bottom. This is reverse of most speakers that fire outward. The reversed waves of the speakers cancel out the positive waves of the sub and vica versa. It's the same concept used by noise-canceling headphones. Result: it's like someone turned off the bass.

Anyway, try it and your bass will come back. You'll be glad you did.

Purchased At:   eBay

Down to 3 choices. Polk LSi15 vs. Energy RC70 vs. Axiom m80

I need some good speakers for HT and some music. I was able to audition the Energy and really liked the sound. It had a great smooth and powerful sound that was very detailed. My friend can get me the Energy for 50% off and he can also get me the LSi15 for 50% off. Basically I can get any three of t ... Read More »

Main Speakers - Wharfedale Opus 2 or Polk Lsi15

Hi everyone, I am turning to your wisdom in my first post here! I have picked up a new Denon AVR-3806 amp on special, and now looking for a good set of main speakers. Options are pretty limited here in New Zealand when it comes to getting good value. Also, we do not have most of the brands you h ... Read More »