Polk Audio LS70 Floorstanding Speakers

4.77/5 (13 Reviews)

Floor standing speaker

Submitted by trey09 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2009

Bottom Line:
Baught my pair in mid 95. Pushed by a Carver TFM 35 (Pre Sunfire). The amp takes a few songs to get warmed up, but these guys can STILL fill the room! A much younger audio file when I purchased them, & they have made many journies. I now have family and mortgage and have put my love for high end gear away but have been recently been contemplating and upgrade.... After test driving many... only maybe a new pair of B&W (703's or better) can pull of the sound of these teenagers. If you ever come across a pair of LS70's in good shape - & you get them for a decent price - buy them. They are VERY CLEAR & SMOOTH for the money - and they can still play with just about all the other big boys out there.

before buying......
Inspect the outer edge of the drivers (The rubber/silicone). They will come away from the box and vibrate. Fixed mine... Also take out the speaker connectiion posts and inspect the connections on the inside. They tend to vibrate off or come apart on the inside.

Paid $1200 in 95
Would pay another $1200 for another new pair tomorrow....

Submitted by uvrosbur a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2008

Bottom Line:
I saw these speakers at a DI (Goodwill thrift story type) and knew I had a find. There were no markings on these to tell me the manufacturer. The sound was amazing, but it still took me 3 months to figure out who made these. I have a neighbor that is a high end audio enthusiest. He definitely said I won on this one. I agree.

They sound absolutely wonderful. Best with Jazz and Rock, but not bad with any music. My wife doesn't understand high end audo, but she did agree that these have a wonderful smooth sound.

I had been an audiophile back in the 70's and early 80's. But had to sell off my equipment for other changes in life. I had been trying to get back into high end audio on a nickle budget (all my wife will allow).

So in this case, I won the lottery! For $15 my wife didnt' complain (too much).

Purchased At:   DI = Goodwill / Salv

Submitted by Tonysfester a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2006

Bottom Line:
Amazed. I did not know such an old speaker could sound so clear and crisp. Bass is perfect for what a set of fronts should be, enough to rattle the walls while hitting the highs clearly. I am running a harman Kardon AVR5 reciever and I am perfectly happy with this setup. I paid a unreal price for amazing speakers.

Purchased At:   Local Seller

Submitted by spyonu2007 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2005

Bottom Line:
Enjoyable and fullfilling, easily fills a room and while entertaining guests, they are remarked apon, every time. It is an investent that may last a life time, if not abused. Having had these since 00, I have to say Im starting to get the itch to change again, probably going to pick up a pair of bi-polar paradigm eclipse's to replace these with, they may go up for sale, or may end up in the bedroom.

Purchased At:   Private individual

Submitted by Rick Berdeski a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
The best thing about these speakers is that nothing on the planet touches the sound of them. I considered at the time to buy the ls90s but chose a klipsch sub instead. I couldnt believe the sounds from this speaker. From Van Halen to Harry Connick Jr. Absoulutely crystal.

Purchased At:   audio video source U