Platinum Audio Air Pulse 3.1 Floorstanding Speakers

2.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by neil swallows a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 8, 1999

Bottom Line:
Well after getting them into my trailer they where too tall me and Bob had to tip them on there side, which was good because the missus slapped some cushions on them and now we use them as couches, the bad thing about them is that they settled the trailer another 6 inches into the yard. The bad part about that is whenever someone leaves my house they spray chunks of my yard onto my roof. The good part is I can finally get my boot and all my frisbees off the roof.
That other fella that reviewed these speakers is lying about owning them, cuz me, Bob and cousins had to use a chainsaw to get one of them suckas open because my daughter needed a horn for the middle school band and everything in that cabinet didn't look nothin like them trombones or trumpets or even one of them suxyfones (them big tuba lookin things) I have ever seen during the hokies football games on the teevee.

Submitted by Frank & Beans a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 7, 1999

Bottom Line:
Like the earlier reviewer, I can't say enough about the deal I got. I bought these on the street when some guy in a white van came buy and explained he had picked up too many of these and didn't want to return them to the warehouse.

He told me these things normally retail for $100,000 but he'd give them away for $35,000. It seemed like too good a deal but I still wanted to bargain with him. I got him down to $22,500 with delivery to my apartment cuz these things weigh 900 lbs not including the cases.

So we get these things to my house and wire-em up to my Optimus amplifier with my panasonic portable CD player.

Well, let me tell you, the sound was just terrible. I figure 60 watts is more than enough to drive any speaker. I figured something was amiss so I open them up with a crow-bar (whoever made these used a lot of glue to hold it together. Well, what did I see inside but a bunch of horns! Like where is the tweeter and woofer? No wonder these sounded like crap.

It's my own fault for buying something like these on the street. The deal did seem to good to be true, but I guess these aren't such bad speakers once you get used to them.

Submitted by Neal and BoB a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 30, 1999

Bottom Line:
They where a little heavy getting up the stairs. Needed to rent a jib-hoist from A-1 Rentals down the road, got that for $5.95 a day, good deal I thought. List for $150,000.99 a pair but I got 2 pair off U-BID for $59.99 each. I thought that was a pretty good deal, but I think you can get more for that price. We give them 3 stars because we cant give um 2.5 stars.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener