Piega P4 AV system Floorstanding Speakers

Home Theater speaker system

Submitted by Jacco Mol a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
It all started with a short visit at the store my friend works -Zwolsman in Amsterdam-. These dudes surprised me from the moment I heard them. OK, maybe the price is a little bit much, but believe me, they're worth every cent/penny/dime of it.
The problem I ran into was my wife not settling anymore for huge black boxes standing in the room doing nothing but producing noise -sorry for that, that's just what she says- so I had to look for a complete different design. I was not to spend such a big bag of money in the first place but when I listened to these guys for a while I could not do anything else but to get these at home.
This system -I got myself 4 P4L mkII's and the P4c mkII- just will get the finest detail of of any piece you want to listen to. Both bass, mids and trebles come out very live-like without any colorisation of any kind and prefectly balanced. All frequencies come with unbelievable realism.
I didn't hook a sub to the system since I thought of trying these first without. Personally I think it is absolutely not necessary if you redirect these frequencies to both the front and the rear speakers and set these to large in your setup on the Amp. However if you really like to FEEL the music you'll probably have to connect one as well, but I'm satisfied with what comes out of these speakers. And if I mean out, it is literally. If you do a proper setup it's just like you're in front of the artist, does not matter which one you pick.

Purchased At:   Zwolsman, Amsterdam