Phase Technology PC3 Floorstanding Speakers

4.9/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $500.00

Submitted by marshell carter a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
i had just bought a mac preamp +amp owned a marantz cd player and came across a new dealership and was introduced to the pc3"seven at concert level volume they remain clear and clean. the sound is still sweet to my ears after hours of listening pleasure!

Purchased At:   8bow st cambridge

Submitted by jbempong a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
Bought these to place in the bedroom when I upgraded my HT in the living room. I was just looking to build an average HT with my spare parts from the upgrade. The bedroom system sounds so much better than my pre-upgrade system. They are fantastic to say the least! I use them for left right and center.

Purchased At:   Local Retailer

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought these used at a stereo swap meet. I had been looking and listening to speakers for about a year(wasn't in a hurry) I wanted something that came close to what I had in stereo but could allso double as a hometheater speaker. As soon as I got these home I Listened To Loreena McKennitt's THE BOOK OF SECRETS. Wow she souned as if on a stage where my Tv sits. Ok I was realy liking these when I happened. A TRIANGLE? I had never heard that. Then it was confirmed,another rasp of the triangle. I was then turned into a kid with 500 new cds to listen to and not knowing how to choose which one. On Miranda Sex Garden's FAIRYTALES OF SLAVERY (THE MONK SONG) the voices are very huanting and life like as they pan back and forth between the speakers. I was very plaesed at how well they reproduced the ketle drums and then it happened again! I could actually hear that it was a brush hitting the cymbles. WOW! Over all I am very pleased with this speaker. The only thing that came close (and that I could aford) was the Paridigm Studio referance 40. But thay were a little bright after long listen for my taste. As Far as build The Pc3's wiegh 40# apiece.93dbl's at 1 watt. Flat piston drivers and are a true 3 way design.Now all I need are 3 more !!

Equipent used:
Marantz sr 7000
Sony DVP-C670
mission 77c (which is a real good match after boosting it 5 dbls)
Toshiba Cinama sereis 32" Tv

Purchased At:   The Stereo And Speaker Store

Submitted by j flynn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
i decided on a trio of pc 3.1 over a year ago for the front three channels of a music/theater system. the phase techs are absolutely first rate in my receiver based system. the physical quality of the pc 3.1 is easy to recognize found them not particularily placement sensitive, however, they require a proper break-in before critical listening. two channel audio displays a deep, immersing soundstage, with clean, tight lower end extension. the vocals float at center stage with articulation & each instrument holds a true soundstage location. in ac-3 and dts, the dynamics are mega-powerful, and never sound compressed. mated with a capable sub, a quintet of pc 3.1's would be tough to beat in the mid-fi price range for a capable music/movie system.

my first impression of these speakers at home was they were a tad bright sounding. as i listened more, it became evident the added brightness was simply detail that i had not heard previously. what a joy to re-experience favorite albums & hear nuances that had gone unheard before. one of my buddys commented that my system sounded as close to a live performance as he had ever heard in a living room. that's the ultimate statement for a speaker costing only $500...

Purchased At:   paragon

Submitted by Mark a

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have found this to be an excellent speaker for varied uses. I use it for home theater and classic rock. The clearity is superb without being tinny. Midrange is excellent, bass (without a sub) is a little weak, but I have never run them without the sub.