Phase Technology 9T Floorstanding Speakers

4.71/5 (7 Reviews)

Three way speaker with rear ambient driver

Submitted by Jim B a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is a review for a PC-9.1. Tremendous value and beautiful craftmanship. Superb sound and definition. Very different from my Paradigms (SE7MK II's) in that they are much more forward sounding. After getting used to them and having properly adjusted the levels with a sound meter they have proved to be most revealing in their ability to reproduce the authentic sound of musical instruments. Nothing is muddled or subdued. I got these as a demo pair so there were some cosmetic imperfections but you can't really see them. I can't argue with paying $500 for a $1000 pair of quality speakers like these.

Purchased At:   The Happy Ear

Submitted by Clint Flournoy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
I didn't need another pair of speakers but, i felt these needed to be brought back to the beauty they deserve. Grilles were rough and my seamstress and i recovered them in a stunning grey slate cloth, even Phase Tech would be proud of us. Bases were shot and i finished them in flat black paint and proudly placed the logos on them. I now call them the Twin Tower commemorative series as they stand tall and handsome in my living room.

Purchased At:   Goodwill, believe it

Submitted by John H a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
I fell in love with these the first time I layed ears on them. I was actually looking at some Definitive BP10's to upgrade my speakers and I just happend to see the 9T's with Walnut trim and I loved the looks. I had the sales rep pop in my Dave Koz CD (Jazz is the absolute best music to use for auditioning speakers)and I was so amazed at how full and rich these speakers sounded. It actually came close to bringing a tear to my eye. The rear driver really comes out when you place these speakers 12"-18" from the wall. Every seat in the room is prime listening space. I can't rave enough about them. Even though I spent $750 for the pair (which is much cheaper than the $500/ea MSRP) I would have gladly paid twice as much for this sound quality. The best part is, replacement parts are still available direct for Phase Tech should you need them. I had to replace the grill sock due to my kids tearing a hole in one of them.

Purchased At:   Cookin'

Submitted by James a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have had the 9Ts for about 7 years and I am still amazed at the sound they produce. I am a home theater enthusiast and chose these for that purpose. Combined with the T-center, Power 12 sub, and DST surrounds From Phase-Tech, they sound great. I started with Pro-Logic, but since the DVD player and Dolby Digital Receiver, (Sony ES works incredibly well), home theater never sounded so good.I would strongly reccomend these to any one who can find them.

Submitted by Drew a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
I am still an intern of audio enthusiasts, bought these speakers about six years ago. Not overly impressed at first. Sounded much better at stereo store than when I got them home. Tough room acoustically. Biggest improvement was addition of graphic equalizer. No center really needed, but sub is helpful. Now sounds like $1000. speaker. Have Yamaha 100W/ch amp and it certainly seems to be enough for these. Concerned that if I try to upgrade to more upscale units,ie. PSB, Boston Acoustic, Paradigm, B&W, Sonus Farber that I would need to replace amp for larger and more expensive. I love reading the comments on this page, so glad I found it, and I am trying to learn as much as I can, but some of these people are unbelievable with their knowledge. I haven't heard of half these mfg's. How much more $$$ to dramatic improve listening? I am much happier with them now.

VPI - Scoutmaster 2 & JMW-9T Standard VS. VPI - Scout 2 & JMW-9 Signature

Does anyone have any opinions on which of these players would be better? As some of you are aware, my goal by this Christmas is to go with a dedicated 2-channel system that includes analogue setup. I have narrowed the choice down between these two, but it looks like the differences between these t ... Read More »