Phase Technology 7.5T Floorstanding Speakers

4.65/5 (17 Reviews) MSRP : $1200.00

floor speaker with soft dome tweeter and 8" woofer/midrange

Submitted by Venkat a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2014

Bottom Line:
I own Teatro 7.5 for a year from now. They sound is very natural with a good amount of bass. I listen to all kind of music most of the times. The height of the drivers in 7.5s is perfect, the sound stage is fine and deep with wide and the effect was fantastic and pleasant. I was very impressed with the mid-range quality of sound of the voices of Diana Krall and as well as lower frequencies are fantastic.

These speakers really beat the high ended speakers. I purchased for $ 600, after listening i was blown away. Really recommended hard to find, if you get one don't miss it.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Tom Samarati a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2007

Bottom Line:
You read my purchase price correctly. I paid $60 for a working pair of Phase Technology 7.5's. Obviously the former owner did not know what he had, and no other E-bay bidders came out of the woodwork.

The cabinet venner was a little rippled on 2 spots when they arrived. A little expoxy and a clothes iron straightened that out in 5 minutes. The wood was dried out. Some wood oil darkened and moisturized the veneer.

Grills were clean. No perforations. Binding posts tight. Speakers surrounds all clean.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Paul a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
In short, an awesome audiophile quality speaker at a budget price.

There are better sounding speakers out there but you'll have to go to your bank and withdraw around $2500 to get them. I paid $599. What a great investment.

These speakers are dead on accurate. Male vcals are extraordinary but female vocals are for lack of a better word, spectacular. I listen mostly classical and jazz but
these speakers shine no matter what the medium.

HT is great particularly when coupled with phase tech 6.5 VDT center and power 10 subwoofer. You feel like you're in the movie.

Can't say enough but probably have so do yourself a big favor. Buy these speakers for $599 or less, and use the two grand you saved to buy a 60 inch rear projection HD TV like I did and enjoy!

Purchased At:   Tropical video systems

Submitted by Michael a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
First I must mention that I am not an audiophile, but an audio enthusist. Which means I love music and much as the next guy, but I don't have a $50,000 stereo system. Meaning I have a budget, which I wish I did not have to adhere too.

I am not into brand names as long as what ever I purchase fits my wants and needs. This is the approach I had when purchasing the speakers.

I had a budget of $1200 for speakers and went every where with my music to compare speakers, regardless of looks, name brand, or the latest greatest gadget.

I was blown away by the PhaseTech 7.5VDT. I could not find anything that sounded as good.

I really wanted an omnipresent sound in my speakers, which I recently learned is called sound image. I played a live cd of Jimmy Smith in New York and I felt like I was there.

The speakers don't feel like they are driving or punching you with sound, instead I felt that I was wrapped in sound.

I began to think this is what the audiophile enjoys over the audio enthusists. I think maybe the audiophile is more knowledgable in the qualities of sound.

I went ahead and tested these speakers to some high end speakers ($2500-$4000) and I noticed the same sound imaging and quality.

I had to have the Phasetech 7.5 VDTs and for $600 I kept asking the guy at the store, "Are you sure that these are $600, is this for the floor model, are they broken or damaged in someway?" He lauged and told me that for the money these are the best speakers you can buy.

Of course you will not find these speakers at Good Guys or any chain music store.

My suggestion to all music lovers is to grab your CDs head to the highend stereo store in your town and listen to as many speakers as you can and make sure they have Phasetech. If they don't you are at the wrong store.

This is by far the best purchase I have made in the last several years. I think I have turned into a wantabe Audiophile with these speakers. ha ha ha

My system:
Receiver - Yamaha HTR 5250
DVD - Yamaha S510(Optical & Svideo to HTR)
Reception - SAT. DISH (Optical & Svideo to HTR)
CD - Yamaha CDC665 (Optical to HTR)
VCR - Mits. HS-U560 (RCA to HTR)
TV - Epson LCD Projector

Speakers:
Front - Phase Technology 7.5VDT
Center - Klipsh KV-1
Back - Celestion Impact 15
Sub - Infinity BU1

I got to go, need to listen to my speakers! : )

Purchased At:   World of Sound in Marin, CA

Submitted by david a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
I own the speakers for 3 month now and they are the VDT model with the Titanium woofers. Out of the box they sound great; balanced and very, very smooth, vocal are clear, warm and completely lake of grain, man and woman voices alike. They are very forgiving and can mate with most audio gear,from inexpensive and over-bright solid state receiver to a warm sounding tube gear. (I tried them on my vintage Fisher tube receiver and they really shine)

Before the break-in period the speakers were bass shy, but after only 20 hours the bass start coming through with great authority and inner detail that surprise me, it is getting better every day since. They will not go very low, but will be very accurate, fast and clear.

I read review that they can get boomy with wrong placement, although careful placement is require for optimal imaging and sound stage, it is however true for all speakers. The vent port is at the back so some distance from the back wall is necessary. I didn't have a boomy bass in any placement I tried so I think it is probably the model before the VDT that suffer from that.

Silk dome are excellent for music, I cannot stand the sibilance and the ringing effect that metal dome present; vocal suffer from metal dome as well they give an etch that give me goose bumps in the wrong way. (go and listen to the "Energy Veritas" that one reviewer praise about)

Sound stage is very wide, actually it might be too wide so you will have to reduce the distance between the speakers a little; however the sound stages not as tall as my Magnepan that I use in my dedicated tube audio gear.

Cabinet build quality is very good for the money and the drivers that are all manufacture in Phase Technology facility are excellent, I will say that they are just as good as Vifa, Morel and even Scan Peak drivers.

Conclusion: Those speakers are a steal at only $500 to $600 street price, it is not that easy to find a dealer, but if you find one go and listen for yourself, you might find your next speakers there.

Purchased At:   Audio Concept