Paradigm Reference Titan Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (193 Reviews) MSRP : $220.00

Paradigm Titan Speakers

Submitted by lars a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2009

Bottom Line:
I once had a pair of the origial titans,,, they were very nice,,, but bullit proof?? hardly,, they sounded as good as anything out there,,, exept for the exagerated bass,,,, even driven with a modest HK, receiver,,, with the bass knob baked off a bit they sounded boomy, and muddy at higher volume levels,,,, Ive since had a pair of polk R15s,,, using the same receiver,,,, and they easily smoke the titans i had,,,, bottom line,, they were good in there day,, if you liked a false exagerated bass sound,,,, Id rather have a speaker, at this price range, that sounds just as good, down low, as it does at higher spls, The polks, also have far better imageing,,, and handel high volumes much better,,,, without distorting, in the low end,,,, of course thats what you get,, when you have your cross overs made to exagerate the lows,,,,, as they did, with the titans,,,,

Submitted by moretep a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2009

Bottom Line:
Price Paid: MSRP

Summary: One word to describe these speakers: solid. I've had the same pair of Paradigm Titans for over 10 years now. The speakers are versatile. They always sound great with all kinds of music and movies--the imaging is impressive as is the clarity and bass response.

The Titans are the best value speaker I've ever heard, and could easily go up against speakers costing 3-4 times as much!

Submitted by niles300z a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2008

Bottom Line:
Yes, it is true what they say. This is a serious speaker. I feel lucky to have had the pleasure of having a pair for the last 12 years. Even the version 1 is awesome. I haven't heard the new ceramic tweeters in the new models yet which they say is quicker...I love the old Vifa tweeters in this box. Between me and my cat we screwed up my first pair after ten years. The stands weren't solid enough, so I found a pair with bad surrounds and re-foamed them and used the old tweeters for a replacement in another set which breathed new life into a pair of lowly TLX model JBL. Anyway. Buy these. Especially for quieter casual listening or get a good sub and they are your every day baby's. Non fatiguing, forgiving. Crisp but not bright. And imaging!
Defined but not clinical. I've been playing with old Advents and Boston Acoustic classics and I can't tear my self from these after all this time.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by j416 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2007

Bottom Line:
I'm going to be brief as this review may be too little too late (sorry). Paradigm has recently revamped their product line and the Titans have been completely changed into a larger speaker.
I picked up a new pair of Version 3 speakers last fall after Version 4's were released. I got a nice discount as the dealer was looking to clear out stock as Version 4's were due to arrive.
When my highly regarded $1000 mini monitor speakers needed repairs, I used that time to audition some cheap speakers, which I intended to be temporary replacements. I auditioned 9 different bookshelf speakers ranging in price from $60 to $500/pr. The Titans were, by a wide margin, the best I heard. None of the other speakers, including some highly rated ones, challenged my existing speakers except for the Titans. However, I am not going to say that the Titans beat out $1000 dollar speakers. They don't have the appearance or the overall sonic refinement of a $1000 speaker but they are very close sonically.
Their cabinets are fairly pedestrian looking wood and the grills don't come off.
They are very easy to drive but are capable of revealing flaws upstream.
I once bought an earlier version of these speakers but returned them because of a muddy midrange and boomy bass. These Version 3's are much better, although I have since acquired much better stands to place them on.
The highest compliment I can pay to these speakers is that after my $1000 ones were repaired, I have now decided to keep the Paradigms with no regrets.

Submitted by Greg a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2006

Bottom Line:
Titan v4 purchased at $299CAD.

I was looking for a pair of speakers to use in my office to listen to music and television. I gave up on acquiring something good at the big-box stores and ventured into a local HiFi shop.

After auditioning a few sets of speakers, I selected the Titans.. Why? Because it's amazing what they have done with these little boxes!

I brought them home and mounted in them the upper corners of my office and cranked them up with my old Onkyo TX-SV414.. Sounded alright. Then after about a week of listening, whoa! They had broken in and everything sounded great.

I like them so much I went back recently and bought a second pair to use as rears in my home theatre system, and because the v4's are discontinued they were being sold at $199CAD.

Purchased At:   FairviewHiFi

KLH Titan Series SL1000 Powered Subwoofer

Is it anygood ? It is really cheap $ 89.00. It is a down firing 100 watt 10" powered subwoofer.Read More »