Paradigm Reference Stylus 350 Floorstanding Speakers

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought an opened but unused pair for a savings of 100.00, but what struck me was not the price, but the sound of the demo pair that was set up in the store. They were airy and open, but with full, rich details. (Something I was not expecting from outdoor speakers.) At home, the sound field seems generous, with no real loss of "stereo" separation when walking around the back patio.(spaced about 25ft. apart) We ran them during a backyard party, and they played plenty loud and clear. Sure, they lack some of the "punch" in the low end, but they make up for it in their surprising musicality. I'm running a Denon 3802 with the 350's as my Multi-Source pair outside. Multi-Source is a great feature from Denon that uses a separate INTERNAL amp that allows folks on the inside to listen to let's say, a movie with DTS surround sound, while the backyard party is listening to a separate music source, like a CD. Check it out, if you get the chance. An easy 5 from me.

Purchased At:   Paradyme Sound &Visi

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2000

Bottom Line:
First a disclaimer: this review should be taken with a grain of salt. I feel that these are great speakers. However, I only suggest them for outdoor use only. Therefore, as an outdoor speaker I would rate them a tremendous speaker and a tremendous value. But, if you were to use them inside, I think you would be better off with one of Paradigm's other speaker line other than the Stylus. The brackets are great. They are very unobtrusive (I said they are large as a weakness, but they are fine when in place). I am able to drive them to very high levels outside, which is nice for parties, etc. Overall, I would rate them as a great outdoor speaker and an average indoor speaker (comparable to the Titan model). But since I use them as an outdoor speaker, I will rate them as one: 5 stars.

Purchased At:   Audio Encounters