Paradigm Reference Studio 60 v3 Floorstanding Speakers

4.75/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $1600.00

Bass-reflex enclosure, 25mm (1") satin-anodized pure aluminum dome tweeter, 178mm (7") mica-polymer cone midrange driver, 178mm (7") mineral-filled polypropylene cone bass driver, 2½-way design, 46Hz-22kHz ±2dB, -3dB at 30Hz, 91dB sensitivity, 8 ohm compatible impedance, 40½"H x 8¼"W x 17"D, 140lbs/pair

Submitted by George a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers in a sytem consisting of a Musical Fidelity A300, Meridian 506.24 and/or Sony Dvps9000es and a Carver tuner and I have been delighted with them. Very qick, clean bass , good mid range and clear, detailed treble. They are perfect in the 12x15 room I use them in. They are very balanced sounding and can reveal the nuance and detail of even complex symphonic music. They also rock really well. Definately a great purchase. Highly recomended, and I don't think I'll be selling these any time soon.

Purchased At:   audio store

Submitted by johnjohn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
Excellent coherence, transparency and soundstaging - sounds like one driver playing, not three. Very realistic on vocals and jazz. Amazing midrange for a full range 2 1/2 way design - no coloration that I can detect. If you like full range performance with a dead accurate midrange, this is the speaker for you. Quite good on classical, but the rendition of strings is bettered by speakers in the $3K range. Bass has good power and delineation though not tight in the sense of traditional sealed boxes. The speaker also plays loud and handles power well - it handles everything my 250wpc amp can dish out. This speaker demonstrates that loudspeaker technology has come a long way even in the last 10 or so years. A decade ago this level of performance would've cost over $3K. Definitely a bargain!

Purchased At:   used

Submitted by pupqy1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have purchased these about three months ago and I love them ! I remember the first time i have heard them. I have requested the dealer to play the remastered copy of nine inch nails track (12-reptile). I was amazed with the detail these have produced versus Paradigm 5se-Mk3 that I have owned for about 8 years. The track revealed more detail and these two speakers actually produced a wider soundstage that anything i have heard. What i enjoyed even more was track 11(eraser) the first 20seconds, the voices actually circled around my head producing a 360degree soundstage, i was amazed! The dealer didn't have new ones so i have purchased the floor model for $1200 with slightly damaged tweeter. Dealer was more than happy to order a replacement for no extra cost. At home these speakers played even better!

These are the tracks i have used to test out these speakers at the dealership with grilles off :
Nine inch nails - remastered downward the spiral ( track 10,11,12 )
Dead Can Dance - Duality ( track 1 )
Archive - you all look the same to me ( track 4)
Prodigy - always outnumbered ( track 4 because to high bass )
all four cds were originals not CD-R.

Purchased At:   Midwest Stereo

Submitted by Stefan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2004

Bottom Line:
After deciding to replace my aging and now very well matched set of home theater speakers I spent quite some time shopping around and doing research. I thought I had settled on a set of B&W 7 series speakers but after listening to the Paradigms and looking at their price tag I decided against the B&Ws. They were at the very top end of my budget and the Paradigms fit a lot better and quality wise they were certainly competitive.
I have had them for just over a month now and am still busy breaking them in but so far no regrets! The funny thing is I mainly intended for the 60s to be mains for a surround setup but I have rediscovered music and find myself listening to a lot of stereo again (and the odd SACD/DVDA) because the music just sounds so good.

The sound staging on the 60s is amazing at times. The speakers disappear and become part of a larger sound environment. Some stereo recordings actually have a 3D quality to them and I am discovering parts of familiar recordings I never heard before. (my previous mains, JBL XPL 160s are not to be trifled with either so the comparison holds well)
The midrange is particularly good, vocals and featured instruments like pianos and guitars really stand out. Bass response is adequate, certainly enough for 95% of music recordings. For home theater a sub is a must, something that applies to the 60s as well.
I think for the price they go for (retail $980 apiece, I got a deal for about $850 on a 5 speaker set) you get a pair of speakers that will give you very high quality and some serious listening enjoyment. I have driven them pretty hard (my Denon 3801 does a great job) and I have not observed any sign of strain. Also, some SACD recordings are very dynamic and will definitely test your speaker's response range. It is fun playing the SACD recording of Beethoven's 5th and knowing the speakers can handle the onslaught effortlessly.
Highly recommended!

Purchased At:   The Sound Room Vanco

Are The Paradigm Studio 60 v3 The Best $1500 Spoeakers?

I spent a couple of hours today listening to the Paradigm Studio 60 v3 speakers at a local dealer. This is the first audition of speakers in the $1500 range. I was very impressed. I ask my more seasoned friends if these are the best in class or are there other speakers I should consider. My musi ... Read More »

Polk Audio Lsi 15 vs. Paradigm Studio 60 v3

Has anyone compared these speakers?Which of the two would be a better match for ROTEL gear? Anyone???????? Please....... :confused:Read More »

paradigm studio 60 v2 or studio 60 v3 ?

Is The Extra $400.00 Worth Spending On The V3? Has Anyone Really Determined The Differences Between The Two Versions? My Main Preference Is 2-channel Music.i Like The Styling On The V3 But I'd Rather Have Better Sounding Speakers? Can Anybody Help Me Pls?????Read More »