Paradigm Reference Studio 100 Floorstanding Speakers

4.77/5 (188 Reviews) MSRP : $2250.00

3-Way Floorstanding Speaker - Two 8" Filled Polpropylene Cone Woofers, 6.5" Mica-Polymer Cone Midrange Driver, 1" Pure-Aluminum Dome Tweeter

Submitted by Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v2 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2016

Bottom Line:
I have the Studio 100 version 2 which are the most articulate of the 100's ever made by Paradigm. The enclosure they used, crossover and driver combination made them a world class speaker. These speakers benefit from the use of good electronics, not a receiver, good separates. And in particular on thing most people don't talk about often enough, good interconnects and speaker cables. If the signal and speaker cabling can't get the most out of your equipment how do you expect your speakers to perform?

These speakers really benefit from lots of high current power and the only way to get that from your amp to your speakers is with significant cabling. These speakers are awesome

Submitted by joe ware a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2015

Bottom Line:
I just got these beauties a month ago. they are the best speakers for the money. Very accurate and detailed. I am running these with my harman/kardon avr 7300 high current reciever. It has no problem running these. They are heavy because they are made of real wood. High quality sound on any type of music, great for 2 channel music. Also just as good on 2 channel movies. The treble and bass match perfectly. I watched Star Trek Into Darkness...WOW! They blew me away! Also Adele's cd 21 is also awesome. These speakers would beat any speaker in its price range. Great high frequency,and great low deep bass. Like others have said you do not need a subwoofer. Get yourself a pair while you still can! They will only be around for a few more months.

Submitted by Tod a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2014

Bottom Line:
I recently acquired a used pair of v4 100. The notes on power from reviewers are important. I brought the used speakers to my dealers showroom to try a few different vintage two channel amps to purchase for these speakers as my dealer said my Yamaha 125 watt receiver would not get it done with these speakers. Started with a couple of 100-125 wpc amps and was a bit disappointed with my speaker purchase as the bass seemed a bit muddy. Finally we connected a refurbished Perreaux PMF 2150B. Wow. This two 200 watts to 8 ohm and 400 to 4 ohm completely changed the character of these speakers. The base tightened, the muddiness was gone and the soundstage became spectacular. Even the store owner, who told me more power was going to make these speakers perform better, was shocked at the transformation.
Yes I did buy the Perreaux.
Don't skimp on power and these speakers are very special.
And I have had Paradigm Studio 20 V2 for many years. Also a great speaker.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by wilcobb a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2010

Bottom Line:
Price paid $2400 from Creative Tech

Summary:
I purchased the Studio 100 v4. Excellent. The very best speakers I have owned by a mile or two or three! Frequency response is even, midrange & highs - smooth/clear, bass - heavy (does not need a separate sub-woofer although I have just bought one!). I play a very wide range of music - country, pop, blues, jazz, classical, electronic, orchestral, acoustic guitar, soca, reggae and even some hip/hop/rap. They do show up bad recordings as they are very detailed. I did not find they needed a lot of power. I have two amps (a Sony surround at 120W per channel and a NAIM 250 power amp at only 80W per channel). Both drive these speakers with no trouble and at volumes that shake the house! They are heavy. It needed two of us to carry them up stairs. I have them biwired. I can highly recommend these speakers.

Strengths:
Excellent frequency response. All rounders.

Weaknesses:
None that I can think of.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Audio Warrior a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have to laugh when folks say that these speakers are large. The last pair of speakers I bought were a pair of Klipsch La Scalas. They are large.
At any rate the speakers I purchased are the Studio 100 v4, (they are 2007 models but the choice did not include '07) and they are exquisite. The frequency response is even across the entire range. These speakers are heavy and thus a bit unwieldy to place, but not unmanagable. The fit and finish is first rate. The sound, initially was pretty bad. I had read a great deal, however, about the break in requirements. I hooked them up to also play audio from the video system and in about two days the sound began to smooth out. After two weeks they were sounding much better. Six months later they are outstanding.
I am powering them with a Carver M1.0t. I have owned it for twenty years now and find it to be a better amp than I knew. I have not noticed the need for power that others have mentioned. I rarely see the DB leds move off the bottom. I am largly a Rock and Roll fan, but also listen to Jazz and Classical. When called upon to do so these speakers can get as low as anything I have heard. The midrange is smooth and clear. The highs were harsh, but smoothed out with time. I suspect that an improvement in source equipment will make things even better.

Purchased At:   Marvin Electronics