Paradigm Reference Studio 100 V5 Floorstanding Speakers

5 -driver 3-way floor standing speaker

Submitted by Dennis a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2016

Bottom Line:
These speakers are monsters! I upgraded to them from the studio 40's for the additional bass response and it has really come through, with proper amplification with these speakers will really move some air. A 200 watt solid sate amp will really make them blossom giving a full range of delicate detail and an authoritative presence. Having them in a bigger than average listening spaces is solid advice. Placement, environment and listening position makes a big difference. I they are resolving enough that I can hear differences in speaker cables, interconnects, power cables and certainly the mastering of a recording.

I use them in a 2ch system where I primarily listen to a turntable. They are detailed, lively and very accurate if not a little on the bright side of things. I have heard them matched with a tube amp and an MC cart and that combination really warms them up quite a bit.

I average about 30 hours a week of listening to music through these speakers, I love them and plan on keeping them for many years to come. Can they be beat? Sure you bet but beating them for less than $3,000 isn't going to happen.

Submitted by mikemaximum a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2010

Bottom Line:
Paradigm Reference series are known for their solid bass and this one sure fits the description as well. Midrange is fairly smooth but certainly not up to par with other speakers of the same price. The same goes for the tweeter. Look at it this way...you will not listen to music for long period of times therefore doing something more constructive instead.

I don't dislike Paradigm. I just found them to be much too expensive for the sound quality that they deliver.

Submitted by waxey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2010

Bottom Line:
I originally was planning to buy the studio 60s but after listening to them was not very impressed. I wanted to upgrade from studio 40s which were my front speakers. The new 60 v5 cones have been cut to 5-1/2 inch from 7 inch the clarity was good but thats about it. I went to another dealer to demo the 100s with some cds to compare against B&W speakers forgot model # but same price range. In my opinion the Paradigms blew them away. I ended up going back to the first dealer and ordered them from him as he gave me a good price "I think" less than $2500.00 + tax .Also demoed Martin Logan Monitor Audio Energy Dali speakers all were very good especially dali
Thease speakers are great for music and movies both. they have good full range base & mid range and the tweeter is from last years Signature series ;so I'm told,which I guess is a plus.The V5s new design is very appealing as is the finish. Bought thease in rosenut really nice. The only thing I worried about was would they sound as good in my living room as they did in the sound proof studio I heard them in being powered by a NAD amp.Well they do after about 35 to 40 hour break in period. Think I,m going to have thease a very long time.

Pro's great dynamic full range quality speaker
Con's none except weight 72lbs.