Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v3 Floorstanding Speakers

4.91/5 (11 Reviews) MSRP : $2300.00

Bass-reflex enclosure, 25mm (1") satin-anodized pure aluminum dome tweeter, 178mm (7") mica-polymer cone midrange driver, 3 x 178mm (7") mineral-filled polypropylene cone bass driver, 3-way design, 44Hz-22kHz ±2dB, -3dB at 28Hz, 91dB sensitivity, 8 ohm compatible impedance, 44½"H x 8¼"W x 17"D, 162lbs/pair

Submitted by ardo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2011

Bottom Line:
This review is for the studio 100 v4
Have listened too many speakers before choosing this one. There is only one speaker to me that was better in every way and its price is over 8500$cdn. , I found a dealer who was stick with a pair that sounded awfull in its store. He was driving them with a Denon 4306 integrated amp.After reading a review by Absolute sound, I could not believe that they sounded so poor. I made a deal with him, saying I would pay him 200$, for a week in evaluating them home. He accepted and after the first hookup I was stunned by the music (clarity, rythm, sweet highs, full bass (deep and strong), a perfect midrange, excellent soundstage.I bought them an hour after starting to listen at them. Even at 3k$ they were a steal. I paid 2k$ for them and I do not regret it. Its probably the best value speaker on the market.

Lows: Require to be associated with high quality gears delivering high current, such as a Bryston or better gears , even if it can deliver 91db/watt. Need all the time to leave the grids installed (imaging)
HIghs: Only good points, construction. Will probably last a lifetime. Absolutely not agressive, can be listened for hours and hours without generating any listening fatigue. Canadian built, by a very well known company.

Music : classical : large orchestra, jazz, singers (male or female), operas

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by djflex a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2009

Bottom Line:
This review is for the new studio 100v5 and the cc-690v5 in rosenut color, Outstanding speakers the sound performance is awesome and the new real wood design will blow you away..... The best speaker I've heard in a long time . Also the cc690v5 is a beast the sound of this massive speaker will make you think that the person is speaking to you right in the room with you.Trust me you can"t go wrong choosing these speakers please demo them for yourself.......

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Palmz a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2007

Bottom Line:
I'm reviewing these for my pops who would never care to share how wonderful his system is. In 2002 I was torn between the studio 80's and Energy's Veritas 2.4's. The Energy's were very bright, but sounded excellent overall. Then I popped into General Audio and heard the 100's connected to a tube amp (I had never yet heard the 80's). WOW! They were simply amazing. To make sure I wasn't seduced by the high-current tube-amp sound, I made them hook the speakers to a higher-end H/K receiver and they still sounded brilliant. We ended up closing the deal with v.2 100's a Studio CC, 4 Studio 20's in the rear and a Servo 15 Sub. The 100's were the beacon of that arrangement.

Since then I got married, and my parents down-sized the house and upgraded the home theater. v.3 100's were a no-brainer. I noticed real improvement in depth with the v.3's despite the excellent sound-stage of the v.2's. The new arrangement now consists of v.3 ADP-470 surrounds, SM-60R in-walls (room is too big for good mounting of Studio 20's), Studio CC-470 v3 Center Channel, and a Signature Servo. As a casual listener he won't believe me that with better amplification - currently a Sherwood 4-965 does it all - he could get so much more out of his set-up, especially the 100's (he thinks they sound heavenly as is).

I've heard better speakers than this. The signature S8's for one, but they were $3000 more. For this price I haven't seen anything come close. If you are considering Veritas-line floorstanders don't bother, despite the fact that they are great. These are superb. I would probably even buy over the 703's from B&W.

Purchased At:   General Audio - Calg

Submitted by kc a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2006

Bottom Line:
just bought this this month and was amazed at the sound quality .had klipsh and was talked into trying a set 40s was so happy with them tryed the 100s and havent looked back .I havent found a set of speakers that match the sound and guality also the price of the 100s

Purchased At:   general audio

Submitted by sharpeman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2005

Bottom Line:
Picked these up at a local retailer. Have them wired to a bryston 4b Rotel RC-972 . These speakers are reaching there 100th hour,and like previous reviews long break in time but worth the wait . Just keep sounding better. Great highs ,mids fantastic ,base is catching up with time.For the money cant be beat,in this price range. Played holly Cole It happened one night superb,handled Norah Jones come away with me,and if you like rocking blues try Jonny Lang Lie To Me These speakers dont miss a beat or note. As you can read happy buyer . Use the bi wireing or bi amp better sound.

Purchased At:   DJ's

Ok Here We Go:Definitve technology Bp7002, Mirage OM-7, or Paradigm studio 100 v3

I am having a little dilema with speaker purchasing here. I'm not sure what to do. All three of these are excellent but in the end there must be only one, or two.......no only one pair! By the three choices I'm sure you can tell my tastes in a speaker, anyways I value your input so lay it on me!Read More »

Auditioned Paradigm Studio 100 v3 today

And I must say this is a nice speaker. Without knowing what I was comparing this speaker to and how much the other speaker cost I must say I was totally blown away when I found out. For two hours I compared the above mentioned speakers with the Revel F50 floorstanders which retail for $7,500. Whi ... Read More »

Just Purchased the Studio/100 v3

Ladies and Gentlemen: My roommate and I are the new owners of brand-spanking-new Paradigm Reference Studio/100 v3 speakers. I think that Paradigm got'em right this time. The bass was definitely not as 'weighty' as the previous model, and the tweeter is alot smoother and warmer than before. The mi ... Read More »