Paradigm Reference Monitor 70P Floorstanding Speakers

4.73/5 (11 Reviews) MSRP : $1200.00

Submitted by patrick brown a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2014

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers from a private owner and I caint believe the quality sond they give I paired them up with teo Paradigm 12 subwoofers with an 9 channel Pioneeer Elite receiver and bose 201 surrounds and a klipsh center channel and wow the perfect 9.2 home theater I ever had good buy very please I will recommend these speakers to everbody whose looking for a solid floor speakers with power subwoofers.

Submitted by 1gr8w124a a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2008

Bottom Line:
My brother gave me these speakers as they were sitting in his garage not being used. He said that one of the woofers was blown besides that they were in good shape. So, in to the suv they went - drove them home and I ordered a new woofer (100.00) and they are amazing! I have friends come over and always compliment on the sound. They are truly amazing. These speakers put out amazing bass from two 6.5 woofers. Engineers were awake and focused when they designed these puppies. Would love to find another pair for bedroom.

Submitted by Dkgruv a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've had the P70's for 3 years now. The clarity is amazing. So far 2 friends who have listened to my set bought the next day. I am not sure if they are still in production. The P90's sound good as well but for the price there is nothing that comes close to the P70's. I have the inputs bridged (hi/low). Others have separate hookups with the high dollar cables. Same reciever driving both, I can't hear a difference. The price was $599.99 each

Purchased At:   Creative Sound, Wili

Submitted by Darren a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
My very first system was a NAD 2025 integrated amp and the Paradigm mini monitors (oak). I was quite impressed with the soundstage of classical music. Very emotional. I decided to upgrade my system to surround sound and DVD, and chose the 70p due to the bass I wanted for movies and my vast collection of Pipe Organ music. I use a NAD 711 receiver and have all Paradigm speakers for surround sound. The 70p's are quite powerful and fill the room with music & movie effects, though I have to say they are not quite musical speakers. I don't get the emotional feel like I used to, and I find the higher frequencys a bit shrill sounding. This could be due to the metal dome tweeter? I'm not sure. As for Organ music these are superb! I can feel the 32ft pipes in the room. I got the speakers for a good price so for value 5*. I think a tube amp would soften these puppies.

Purchased At:   Creative Audio

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers for more then a year now and have been very happy with my purchase. My main use for the speakers is for Home Theater. I do however; use them for music as well.

The imaging of the Paradigm 70P is very good. The sound stage has depth and clarity. I have no problem distinguishing the different instruments. I recently upgraded my A/V receiver and this has improved the output from the speakers. I am sure that there are better speakers on the market, however, for what I spent on the 70P's I would have had to spend twice as much to get half the value. I just recently added the Mini Monitors as my surround speakers. ( I wanted the 370 ADP's, however, I don't have the space for them.)

In deciding to purchase the Paradigm's I auditioned:
- Polk Audio
- Energy (e:XL - 28P & Connoisseur C6)
- Infinity
- Boston Acoustics
- B&W
- PSB
- Sound Dynamics (RTS P100)

My criteria boiled down to:
- built in sub
- made in Canada (more bang for my buck)
- tower