Paradigm Reference Monitor 11 v2 Floorstanding Speakers

4.76/5 (46 Reviews)

3-driver, 2-1/2way bass reflex. Quasi-3rd order resistive port

Submitted by ironfist a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2011

Bottom Line:
awesome sound.

marantz 5003
samsung bluray
monitor 11
cc 390
sub dsp 3400
adp 190
titan monitor

i woulld never changed my speakers....own Nuance before and they were garbage

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by SoundsGood a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2006

Bottom Line:
I was originally looking at the Monitor 9s to replace my 25 year-old Polk Audio Monitor 7s. After careful listening, (I enjoy everything from Shakira to Seal to Santana to Schumann to Satriani to Jazz), I flipped back and forth about a million times between the 9s and the 11s, and to my mind's ear, the Monitor 11 v4s were the best balance of high, middle and low frequencies. Also, Dave Grusin and Acoustic Alchemy are so very much a pleasure to listen to.

I tried the Monitor 9 v4s and the 11 v4s with and without the PSB-12 subwoofer, and the 11s consistently sounded better. The old Polks are good down to about 25 cycles, however. The Monitor 11s can't quite reproduce sub frequencies, so a subwoofer might be a possibility in the near future. The old Polks will make someone very happy, but they are now being retired.

The sound coming from the Monitor 11s is absolutely fantastic ! They are so very clean and clear, with a huge soundstage. Vocals and all acoustic instruments are very natural sounding, as though I'm hearing them live. I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture. I still have yet to fully break them in - it's only been about 6 hours...Bring in your favorite music and demo the Monitor 11 v4s before you buy any other loudspeaker in that price range.

Purchased At:   Cherry Creek Audio

Submitted by dobyblue a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2006

Bottom Line:
This review is for the Monitor 11 v4 speakers.
Price paid was CDN$1225
After buying an SACD player my little JBL satellites fell incredibly short of any sound worht mentioning.
I audioned the Paradigm 7, 9 and 11s, as well as a few models of Boston Acoustics. I also auditioned Polk Audio and Infinity speakers.
My price point was around $800 and I really enjoyed listening to the Monitor 7s, but once I had listened to the Monitor 11s I knew that I had to spend the extra couple hundred bucks for the sound I was looking for.
I use Ultralink Excelsior 2.4 cables to biwire the Paradigms.
When listening to two channel SACD now it's a whole new ball game. I am completely immersed in sound when listening to these speakers. Certain times I feel like the bass could be a little bit lower, but then I put in a CD or SACD with a little bit more low end like the song "Secret World" from Peter Gabriel's "Us" SACD and I truly am very happy. The imaging of the speakers is excellent, the mids and highs are very accurate and the bass always seems to keep up very smartly, with no overhang or muddiness so far.
One thing I will say is that if you're going from a run of the mill 5.1 system to speakers like these, you'll immediately notice two things.
1) Your other speakers become transparent
2) The audio bug will hit you and it's probably a neverending battle after that.
My immediate problem after buying these was that my center channel became very transparent. After having the Monitor 11s for two months I went out and bought the Paradigm Monitor CC-370 v4, which resolved the problem immediately. This also greatly improved the sound of the multi-channel DVD-A and SACD discs that I own, as well as really bringing to life deeper male voices in movies.
All in all I'm very impressed with the sound I know have and look forward to adding a pair of ADP-370 surrounds and a Servo-15 to really take my audio appreciation to the next level.

Purchased At:   Gibbys Audio Video

Submitted by Dankinqc a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2005

Bottom Line:
* * This is for Monitor 11 V.3 (new) * *

The price is in canadian money.
Ive listened to a lot of speakers before going for the Monitor 11 (Energy, PSB, Polk Audio, B&W, Canton, Sony, Athena)and i finally chose the Paradigms Monitor 11.\

Here is my setup:
Amplifier: Yamaha RXV-640

Purchased At:   Stereo Plus

Submitted by jaslavin a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2005

Bottom Line:
Great speakers! Shopped lots of speakers before picking these, and they are far better that anything in the price range.
Hook them up first before you buy a sub. I am not using a sub because they have pleanty of bass.

Purchased At:   Hi-Fi House