Paradigm Reference 3seMKIII Floorstanding Speakers

8 in bass/mid, 1 in tweeter

Submitted by ken a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2009

Bottom Line:
i just pick up a 5.1 system of paradigm for 220 $ include 2 9seMk3 & a CC-100 & 2 small paradigm for surround . & an aiwa power sub .
the quality so great . i used to have an acousticmass 10 set up in my room be4, but it blow away the bose .

good value ++++++++ ,

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by 7.62Matt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2005

Bottom Line:
After reading the positive reviews, I wanted to try a pair for my second system in the study. I got a pristine set of Mk3's on Ebay for $150.00 plus shipping, WHAT A DEAL! They are on top of Plateau RT-23 stands, each filled with lead shot, and Blue Tack in between.
These speakers have a even, full, slightly foward sound. I listen to every thing from Alison Krauss to Black Sabbath, and these little speakers reproduce both in a very real sense. They do not color the acoustic or vocals, yet are fast enough to play Metallica, with out getting muddy. Describing speakers to me is like colors to a blind preson, I can't find the correct adjective, but I will say this, they are right for two channel music, peroid. You can spend much more, but under $1000.00, these are hard to beat.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by spyonu2007 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought these off an employee that works at a highend shop. The tweeter in one was blown, but was replaced with a matched pair or oem units, from a new set that were in the box. I love these little guys, and sitting side by side with a pair of titans, and an titanium domed pair of minimonitors, thses things rock.

Purchased At:   Private individual

Submitted by DanTana1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
Saw these at a pawn shop, after reading the reviews here I thought I'd try them. I am very impressed with these speakers. Everything positive I read was true. I think the one thing not mentioned was the midrange detail. You can hear small nuances to music you may never of heard before. This is truly an "all day speaker" it is very non-fatiguing. For a two-way speaker, in a smallish enclosure, it delivers bass comparable to much larger designs. It doesn't produce the deepest bass, but what it does do is exactly what I was looking for. Imaging, detail, strong midrange, clear highs. For what I paid for them, I can't think of anything better for many times that amount. I now hope I can get some more or try some 5-7 or 9se's. I think these speakers are truly classics. There is some of the Paradigm lower midrange "push" but it isn't very obtrusive. I wish Paradigm still made these, I love the sound of the soft dome tweeter. If you can find these on Ebay or somewhere else, grab them. You won't be disappointed. Truly a diamond in the rough.

Purchased At:   Pawn Shop

Submitted by jeputar a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
While the Paradigm line continues to evolve..this speaker will forever be dear to me.While the new models are precision models..the 3semk3 is one of those special speakers that is just so musical that nothing gets in the way.Sure you will hear that trademark slightly heavy upper bass/lower midrange whoof but really,this is not a complete distraction.because it does so much right.I realy wish I didn't sell mine because the tweeter is so musical and soft sounding..that you never miss the precision of a metal dome tweeter that now resides in the newer models.This is not a slam on the newer models like the wonderful Titans I now own.it's just that I once owned a great speaker and now...there is no getting that magic back.for those about to sell yours..I can only hope that you hold on to these....There is just something about a non metal soft dome thatsay's welcome...you are listening to real music