Paradigm Reference 11SE Mk2 Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

2 way bookshelf speaker with 2 8 inch woofers. Mid 90s.

Submitted by Rob a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have owned a set of two of these speakers for about 6 months. When I hooked them up it opened up a new standard in home audio to me. So much so that I recently bought two more of them for rears. They are clean, clear, crisp highs with nice deep clear bass...no distortion or over-reacting. The one thing I can say for a negative is that the speakers tend not to like hard rock...the bass is not really good for punchy bass..it likes more soft or extended bass. Virtually everything else is flawless.

Submitted by James Schwartz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2007

Bottom Line:
I purchased these speakers originally to go with a Rotel integrated amp and Pro-Ject turntable, but they've ended up as the mains of a 7.1 home theatre system I've put together. The Paradigm CC350 resides as the centre channel, and I'm using 2 sets of Axiom 1.2 bookshelf speakers as my side and rear surrounds.
It's powered by a Sony STR DE995 7.1 Receiver that I also purchased off of Ebay.
So far I am quite happy with the detail and accuracy of these MKII's.
If you can pick them up for under $300.00, you really can't go wrong. These are NOT bookshelf speakers, but a heavy 70lbs per that stand nearly 40" tall.
I use an 8" Axiom subwoofer in tandem with the set up, which gives me the deep lows that I'd otherwise miss with the MKII's.
These speakers are not bi-wireable, but have decent binding posts in the rear. For the money I paid, I'm very satisfied. Build quality is very good.
They are not the most sensitive speaker, and require a fair bit of power to make them shine. My 30 watt rotel didn't do a thing to them, which is why I moved them to the home theatre set up.

Purchased At:   Craigslist