P.E. Leon Enzo Floorstanding Speakers

2-way Floorstanders

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
I really love these speakers. I took several months to choose my new speakers and tried tens of these in different configurations, but the clear winner is the Enzo reference. They are simply fantastic. The bottom (even to 20 HZ) is really deep, very well controlled and the other frequencies are superbly well managed. I recommend also the fantastic PELeon Quattro reference. High end cd player, amplifier and cables absolutely required.

Submitted by eldehache a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
Hi all,
I have the P.E Leon ENGY too and i must admit that it's an amazing speaker. ;-)
I have Marantz CD 6000 OSE and PM 6010 OSE with QED Qunex Silver Spiral interconnect and QED Genesis Silver Spiral Bi-Wire cable.
I own them since 2 years and I'm still surprising with their great sound.
For rock, jazz or classical don't hesitate the P. E. Leon do a great job! :-)

Purchased At:   Watts

Submitted by FAB a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am a very picky person and especially when the speaker I am targeting is in the $2000 to $3000 price range.
Indeed, for this kind of price, I am expecting something far more than good. and I have been able to find some (the Lyrr, the Cantilene, the evolution3).But all of them have some drawbacks.
So I though I was maybe expecting too much of products from this price range.
But listening to the Enzo s2 makes me understand I was wrong...

Let make it clear: these speakers have EVERYTHING:
- the bass is going very low and keeps been punchy and fast,
- the highs are the perfect combination of speed,precision and softness,
- the medium is very fast ,details and gives a lot of weight to the music.

They are really good on EVERY kind of music: from classical to punchy rock, They always respects the spirit of the music.

If one pushes me to try to find a drawbacks, I will say, as another reviewer mention, the medium is not as gorgeous as the bass and highs.
But that does not mean the medium is weak. Not at all: in fact, the medium of the ENZO s2 is among the best you can find in this price range. It is just that the qualities of the bass and the highs can only be founded in speakers costing far more.

It was the only time during my speaker quest when I had a real hard time to concentrate on the speaker qualities: The music was so involving that the only thing my ears wanted to do was just to enjoy.

I am not used to be that positive on a product (see my review of the Evolution or the Lyrr).But, really, these speakers are indeed that good.

PS: The ENZO S2 are the second best model of PE LEON. If you have higher espectations, you can listen to P.E.LEON's flagship called MODENA.
But I have to warn you: before doing so, check you can afford them (they cost a bit less than twice the price of the ENZO). Indeed these MODENA are so fantastic you just can't go back.
In fact, it has happened to me...

Submitted by Daniel a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
Amazing speakers. Almost no one knows about this small high-end company which produces the ENZO. I bought them used and they were dirt cheap (200 cdn $) because the grille cloth was teared. I built a few speakers and i must say that after listening to the PE LEON's i do not consider that i ever knew what i was doing.

Submitted by Francois D a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 19, 1999

Bottom Line:
You've just read the above review and wished you had enough money to buy a pair? Try the P.E.Léon Engy (£600), which will give you years of pure musical enjoyment!!
They are sensational speakers, with nearly the same attributes as the Enzo, but at a much more affordable price.
Association with Arcam Alpha9/9P and Marantz CD63KI Signature strongly recommended!