Optimus STS 600 Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

2-Way, Discontinued Speakers

Submitted by sulloj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought these reluctantly as part of buying a Harman Kardon receiver. The buyer insisted on selling the Optimus speakers with the receiver so I figured why not! When I got them home and hooked them up I was pleasantly suprised. These are really excellent speakers! Nice base and very clear mids/highs!! I have them next to my Celestion towers that I use for my home theater and to tell the truth I like the sound of the Optimus better than the more expensive Celestions! Go figure and I didn't want them. If you can find a pair grab em quick! you wont believe your ears!! Believe me I have owned dozens of speakers and these are great!

Purchased At:   local newspaper

Submitted by Paul Walter a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 23, 1999

Bottom Line:
The Optimus STS-600 series speakers are now discontinued like the 800 series. The 600's are small towers that lack a little in base but make up for it in the highs. At a discontinued price of $39/piece, you cant go wrong!I agree with the reviews of the 800 series, these speakers do very well with a sub. Excellent choice if you can get them for the discounted price.