Optimus PRO-LS2 Floorstanding Speakers

3.67/5 (6 Reviews)

SHIELDED CENTER CHANNEL 0.5" TWEETER/ PAIR 4" WOOFER

Submitted by ooglabooglaman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
The reason these speakers sound so good is that they are made by MTX.

Purchased At:   Radioshack

Submitted by dale browning a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
Very good dialog.Can handle power.It has a low sensativity rating,87 dbls,but is louder than the klipsch which was 90 dbs.For a small cheap speaker it brings out dialog from d.d. movies that is better than all the above centers I have used. I use to have to really crank up the center channel volume to hear it, but now I almost have to turn it down. Voices are really life like and clear as a bell. I did take it apart and add some poly fill like one of the other reviewers and it made it a little better.Not bad for 29 dollaars plus tax. clearance item.

Purchased At:   radio shack

Submitted by james a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
I opened this baby up and stuffed it with poly fill...made a little diff for the better.

The reason this baby handles so much power is because its either made by BOSE or someone has used an exact copy of their circut protection.

Crack it open and check it out.

Submitted by Bob C a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2000

Bottom Line:
I'm giving this speaker a high rating only because I don't like having the center channel on when listening to music. I've got an STAV-3680 5x100 optimus reciever, it seems to be a good match for it. I've tried many different centers and none of them seemed to be worth they're hefty price tag. Ive tried Bose,JBL,MTX,Infinity and some others, they all sounded good but the price!!! ack!!!. They do not produce much bass at all but most people have a sub now and with a little careful tweaking of the cutoff and level on the sub you wont notice it anyway. Again if you like having the center channel on when playing music it is not a great choice.

Submitted by Saturn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 26, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have this speaker as my center channel for my HT system. I think it provides sound adequate for its intended purpose. It does not play music well at all but does an excellent job of handling dialogue. I am quite impressed by its versaltility in positioning. My placement of this speaker has it sitting about 7.5 feet up on top of an entertainment stand and its stand allows me to aim the speaker down at my listening position. Kudos to the person who engineered that. I wanted one of the pricier models but the functionality of the stand led me to buying this speaker. If I had bought any of the others I would have had to compromise placement and positioning. Overall rating 4 because its not quite large enough for me.