Ohm P-2 Floorstanding Speakers

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

A unique driver configuration gives you an openness and transparency surpassing all other speakers in their category. Our configuration looks like this: a long throw, 6.5" woofer on the front of the cabinet near the top edge and a 1" polypropylene foam dome low tweeter on the top of the cabinet, close to the front edge. At a typical listening height and over 120 degrees horizontally, the output from both drivers reach your ears at the same time - eliminating sonic smearing. The tweeter is mounted forward of the cabinet, flush with the grill cloth, so that the grill frame acts as a baffle for the tweeter there by eliminating harsh treble from edge reflections. Our tweeter''s high frequency response goes beyond 20 kHz, surpassing the best CD players''.

Submitted by MarkN a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2004

Bottom Line:
After listening to various speakers in all the major audiophile shops in the area, I consulted with Don Lindich (multimediaanswers.com) Don writes excellent columns for various major newspapers throughout the country regarding A/V equipment and other topics. After exchanging numerous e-mails with him about my impressions of various speakers and their apparent characteristics and my needs etc., he suggested I give John at Ohm Speakers a call. I faxed John the layout of my vaulted living room with a need for awkward listening area and speaker placement. I was interested in the P-2 Tiny Towers and John told me about Ohm's 120 day free trial. He was very detailed in his analysis of my situation and gave me instructions based on the speakers. These unique speakers sit on the floor and have top-mounted tweeters. John said it was very important to have them at the right listening distance and proper tilt if needed based on listening position, etc. He also customized the cabinets because of my sensitivity to high frequency & harshness!
I have to say that it doesn't matter much where I am in that half of my house; the P-2s sound great! Full bodied sound that is clear and detailed. At the optimum seating position they are truly exceptional; very natural sounding and very smooth. I love these speakers!

Purchased At:   Factory Direct