Nuance Spatial 3 Floorstanding Speakers

4.17/5 (119 Reviews)

3-way tower speaker

Submitted by LBomb a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2012

Bottom Line:
My Nuance towers cracked 2 windows in my place already...days in....clear and crisp....loud and subs will shake yur walls.....people who never owned dont know....plain simple...these towers are awesum....my old klipsch dont even come close....these are older towers but sick...ill never let theses go...

Submitted by reinhard a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2009

Bottom Line:
Nuance Spatial 3S

I’ve read and heard how awful nuance are, they sold them in big chain stores, they only demo them with Q sound cd’s, the are way over priced and built with cheap drivers, their horrible sales tactics (that’s just big chains tactics)…etc, etc… I am by no means an expert, I have been into audio gear for over 25 years and have owned everything from low end crap to top of the line and I will say that some of the so called low end crap destroyed the expensive top end gear. For example my little sansui 881 can hold it's own against the monster sansui G6000. and will pretty much destroy any surround sound receiver today in a two channel set up...anyway....on with it......

Well my curiosity got the better of me, A friend who I trade vintage audio gear with a lot emailed me telling me that he picked up a set of “kick ass” Nuance Spatial 3s and was telling me how good they sounded.
I was very skeptical because of all the negative feed back this brand was receiving online. I for one have never heard of them before this so I missed all the crap people were saying about them.
Anyway for $200.00 (CDN) I have them in my house. So I plugged them into my vintage Nikko set up and tested them first against my sound dynamics R818’…..wow! The spatial 3s sound better, and have a lot more bass. The imaging in stereo is amazing; the bass is rich and deep the highs are crisp and clear at low or high volumes. And they can handle gobs of POWER! Not sure what they are rated? I’ve read that they have no rating?
I was very disappointed at how much of a difference I could hear between my beloved SD 818s and how the hated nuance brand sounded better. So I went ahead to do more comparisons, they ate pretty much all of my speakers the only set that I had that could hold it’s own against these speakers were my 1982 Paradigm model 11s, I mean the 818s still sound fantastic but the nuance did sound better. For some strange reason my 818s sound better driven by my old sansui 881 receiver? They really come alive on this old unit. Even though the nikko is a much better set up.

Now as for the quality…yes the sound dynamics seem to be built better and used better drivers, however the cabs are identical, the build is very close to my 818s. As for the price new for a set of nuance I’ve read that these versions sold for $2000.00-3000.00 ? Now I do think that price is a bit high but than again I never buy brand new speakers, why buy new with all the great deals that can be found for used stuff on your local kijiji. Yes I would pay up to $300.00-350.00 for these used. I was lucky and got them for $200.00 and they are worth every penny. For all you haters, have you actually owned these speakers? Or are you comparing them with a $10,000.00 speaker system?
For people that are looking for a great speaker for rock, reggae/hip hop & metal buy these if you see them for under $300.00

over all i am extremely impressed with these speakers.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by The Stereo Guy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2008

Bottom Line:
Ok, well I never got a chance to read all 116 Reviews above mine. After about 30-40 of them I get the impression that anyone who ever owned or still owns a set of Nuance speakers loves the sound and look of them. I have to admit that I was skeptical when I was thinking about buying my first pair. I have owned huge Polk Audio, Bose and Boston Accoustic systems, some were up to the $15,000 range. I would have to say that once I hooked them up I was extremely impressed and they exceeded any other system I had owned prior! And no I am not trying to justify the massive price tag on these, because I paid $600 for a pair of the 6' Baby Grand 3ELX's. Thats right $300 each, so I have no reason to be on here sticking up for a product, while my peers think I am justifying not getting ripped of because I sure didn't. The Nuance system I have consists of the following and I have included the prices as well

Fronts - Baby Grand 3ELX $600/pr
Sides - Baby 2 Grand Universe $500/pr
Rears - Spatial Baby 360mk2 $250/pr
Center - Spatial CEN S Pro-B $150

Now yes I got some awesome deals on these, and I never could justify $8000 for a pair of these. But I do have to frown on the people that really cut them up. Yes they used an unfair scheme to trick you to thinking 2 speakers where coming from everywhere with Q sound, but hey that was 1991... who cares!!! We have speakers coming from everywhere now. 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, 8.1 systems etc......

They are are great speaker inside and out, way over priced originally. If you get them for a decent buck enjoy them. All in all they sould be classed in a movie reference speaker class, since I do admit playing music through them is not as good as a movie!

Submitted by bigbird_ca11 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought this set of Baby Grands from a close friend of the family and only because he was willing to sell them to only a friend of the family. He is that serious about the quality and the fact that these are apparently no longer available. The reason he had to sell them... haha his house is far to small for these nearly 7 foot tall giants and he has 6 more Nuance speakers of smaller size. Other people offered him more than he asked from me and he still would only sell them to me.... gotta say very lucky me !! I have heard many types of high end speakers including altec lansing speakers that now are over 10,000 each.. each !! These baby grands are amazing, I have been missing so much in the music I have listened to I feel like I am hearing everything for the first time. Opera, rock'n roll, symphany .... everything is crystal clear !!! I have lent them to my friends in Edmonton for safe keeping till I can have them shipped to my home in the Phillipines, I will never part with these speakers. I am powering them with a high end techniques amp and I have to say I am still impressed every time I hear them. I plan on getting another set for fronts and keeping these for rears. I have not been able to turn the volume to max on either the amp or the speakers cause I am pretty sure I will blow the picture windows out of the house. Even with the doors closed and standing down the block the sound is amazingly clear. If you want a great set of speakers, and I mean a great set, get the baby grands. These things may be big and really heavy but once you get them in your house you will want to just sit there and listen to every peice of music ever composed. Anyone who has anything negative to say about Nuance has not listened to these speakers. If I had the cash I would ahppily pay 10,000 dallars for a new set of these speakers and I would never look back as I sped home to add them to the set I have now. Hopefully I can find another set.. at least one more cause I will never go without Nuance again. Thanks Nuance for introducing me to amazing sound !!! Excellent quality and sound for the money. Nuance I hope you will make more of these amazing speakers.
A very happy Nuance product owner.
Daniel Sidor

Submitted by ernest a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2006

Bottom Line:
BEWARE !! DONT BUY THIS!! THIS ITEM IS A RIP OFF!!!

QUALITY IS BAD!! PRICE IS VERY BAD!! I PITY YOU IF YOU BUY THIS!!
SORRY