NHT SB-3
Description: Representing almost two years of design refinements, the SB-3''s 6.5" woofer employs a massive motor structure which delivers bass down to 39Hz, setting a new standard for affordable bookshelf loudspeakers.

Submitted by blairphillips7@yahoo.com a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2005

Bottom Line:
This is my first pair of high end loudspeakers. I did alot of research when buying them and decided on them because of their looks and price. I had only heard the super zero from NHT before this purchase. They sounded great so I decided to try the SB-3. I kind of jumped into this hobby backward. I started with the speakers and found them to sound good. Since I bought them I was bitten by "the bug" and since then I have added A Jolida tube amplifier, audioquest cables and learned everything about speaker placement. I have heard these NHT speakers go from sounding just good, or what I thought wast good at the time, to sounding absolutely unbelievable. Since I have added my other components these speakers have shown me their true colors. They now have a very warm and sweet sound and a holographic soundstage. When I play Jazz I feel like I can point to where every musician is standing. They also look great in my listening room. I cannot believe that I missed out on listening to music like this for so many years. These are the speakers that opened my eyes to hi fidelity and I look forward to a lifetime of enjoying it. Thanks NHT.

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by Anhydrous a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2005

Bottom Line:
I checked out many brands before going with the nht sb-3's.for the price i paid i cant think of a better speaker.Plenty of bass unless you are a basshead like me,then a sub will fill in the lower octaves.These speakers are very even handed.i went into TWEETERS and listened to their $1,200.00/pr SONUS FABER and literally laughed at the sound quality of the Faber's.In fact,not 1 bookshelf speaker they carried in the store held a candle to the NHT SB-3's. If you have a sub,BUY THESE with CONFIDENCE !!!

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by rotelfan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
These bookshelves do indeed go very low, far lower than any other bookshelves I have heard. In a modest sized room, I used them as my mains without a sub. Amazing sound coming from a pair of bookshelves, kudos to NHT for their amazing engineering.

Purchased At:   Local NHT dealer

Submitted by D. Ocampo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have been wanting to write a reivew about these speakers for a while now, but I just haven't had the time to do so. I previously had the SB2 speakers for a while, but I was always intrigued by the low end capabilities of the SB3s.

So, a few months ago, I came into some bonus money, so I bought a pair. These are great speakers. For the price I paid, I do not know if you would be able to find a pair that can probably replace a lot of floorstanding pairs out there that cost a lot more. The kicker is that they look gorgeous, too.

Purchased At:   JandR.com

Submitted by timrhube a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a great bookshelf speaker. I listened to NHT models years ago and found them to be overly bright to the point of sterility. After reading several reviews of the SB3s I thought I'd give them a try. What an improvement over earlier models. The SB3s have an inviting warmth while maintaining the detail required to hear into the recording. I am hearing things on some favorite CDs that escaped me before. Considering the size of these speakers the bass is outstanding. These were purchased for a small (12X11) listening room left to me when my daughter went off to college. I am one of those people who change equipment frequently -- more so now with on line buying -- but the SB3s will stay in the room for awhile. Considering the price, five stars are in order.