NHT 3.3 Floorstanding Speakers

4.71/5 (48 Reviews) MSRP : $4300.00

Acoustic suspension w/ 12in woofer, 6.5 in. midbass, 4-in mid, 1 in tweeter

Submitted by jpainter236 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2004

Bottom Line:
WOW!!!!! Exceptional value for the price you can find them now. Bass, Bass, Bass! Hard to believe the negative reviews.

Purchased At:   Audio Designs

Submitted by asok a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is my second review, after using these for three years. I am writing this to specifically commend NHT for its fantastic customer care.

Firstly, these speakers - at todays prices on Audiogon - cannot be matched. For under $2000 you can get yourself a pair for speakers that will make you happy at heart for years to come. I doubt if any other speakers can come close to these in terms of transparency, midrange quality, bass and soundstage.

The pair I bought unfortunately developed a laminate crack on the right speaker that began at the side-mounted subwoofer and went all the way upto the top of the speakers. Now typically speaker companies will disown cabinet problems. But when I called NHT on the issue, I was amazed at their support, concern, and flexibility. Because the model is discontinued (the biggest mistake NHT could make), they offered me a free pair of new T6s. However I knew the T6s are too "home-theaterish" and did not want to part with my 3.3s because they sounded beautiful. NHT was generous and agreed to let me keep the 3.3s, and gave me a pair of T6s at a real low price. This way I could keep my favourite speakers and yet had the option to either use the T6s in my separate HT system or sell them and get back my investment. Overall, I was extremely saisfied with the way the people at NHT handled my problem.

It is rare to find this type of customer focus today, irrespective of industry. I do believe NHT is an excellent company, whether owned by Ken Cantor or Rockford Technologies. And I know that I will not get rid of my 3.3s unless one day I can afford a pair of Wilson Watt Puppies.

It is a pity that NHT (along with many other companies) is increasingly focusing on 5.1 systems, but if you can lay your hands on a good pair of 3.3s, dont make the mistake of not owning them. It is obvious that I did not like the "bassy" T6s as much as I like my 3.3s.

Purchased At:   dealer, on closeout

Submitted by Roy2001 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
After own it for several months, even my wife could tell the difference between my 3.3 and other under $3000 speakers. Buy them if you can find them as NHT discontinued them, you can find them at extreme low price which makes them a steal.

Purchased At:   online store with fr

Submitted by asok a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
These are phenomenal speakers. They sound pure divine, they look plain awsome, and they are BIG. I have the room for them, and they deliver all that I expected and more.

And at the price that I got them, well, there is something called luck after all :)

Gear:

Adcom GFA 5800, Adcom GFP 750, Marantz CC9100 player. Still hunting for the right tuner...

Purchased At:   Dealer in Iowa

Submitted by Gary a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have owned these speakers for about 6 months now and I can honestly say that they are great speakers. I also listen to Maggies, but only when I want to listen to Jazz and non rock music.
If I want to listen to music with a strong beat or rhythm, I listen to these. They are very revealing and detailed speakers. If you crave bass this is the speaker for you! Listen to Pnk Floyds' Dark Side of the Moon for a definition of bass and you'll see(hear) what I talking about. By the way when I said they were very detailed speakers I meant it. If you don't believe it get a cd by a Columbian Trio by the name Los Trio and listen to the spanish guitar in any of their cds. The 3.3 does an excellent job of reproducing the guitars.
I can't understand why any one would rate them below average in sound. Take them home and spend some time with them. I think you may be surprised on how good these are and they are truly a bargain when compaired to some of the other speakers in their price range. Great speaker!