Mordaunt-Short MS10i Floorstanding Speakers

4.06/5 (18 Reviews) MSRP : $299.00

5.25in woofer, 1in. aluminum tweeter, 60W

Submitted by Gary Lee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2004

Bottom Line:
a great little speaker. Although i've moved on to better things, I still keep them, and will most likely never sell them.

Even after a long time, when i fire up these speakers, (marantz cd67se, nad 310, wireworld cables) They still surprise me with their musical bass, and detailed midrange. They can sound harsh with particularly bright recordings, but in general, they will play almost anything.

You have to be mindful, that at this price.. you can hardly fault them. I've had more enjoyable times with them then some pricier or newer speakers at the same price range.

Submitted by ikh a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a well-designed speaker. It is kids proof (grilled treble and hard mid-bass done) and the deisng is being widely used by several major brands in their newest models (e.g. Epos). The aluminium made treble done has the ability to produce above-standard frequency, but it can sound hard sometimes. The midrange is fine, but bass can be more refined. If positioned well this can be a very ideal speaker for small rooms, or the replacement for mini-system speakers.

Purchased At:   Ashburton School, En

Submitted by Brian Larman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
This was the first set of speakers I bought, when I was 16. I still own them 5 years later, although they're in a separate room now. They didn't quite compare to the new Linns...:)

For the price of these speakers, it was definitely worth it. They sounded incredible, much better than the electronic superstore products. Bass was lacking, although that is more than expected in a bookshelf of this size. The cone did crack after a slight fall, but an epoxy repair job did the trick and they sound just like new.

Purchased At:   Better Music

Submitted by Hi-Fi lover a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
I don't know why the hell M. Murkeejee is talking about. What an idiot. If he doesn't know what is audio, please just stand there and shut up. Don't try to give all the stupid review. Maybe his ears have problem. I think he should go to clean his ears before walk in to the show room. What the hell 1 star, this is the first time I heard reviewer gave 1 star for MS10i. Got someting is going wrong with him I think.

Purchased At:   North Yorkshire

Submitted by Stephen Orel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have these in a bedroom system consisting of a Harmon Kardon receiver and a portable CD player. On very good stands, in corners, they produce amazingly taut and satisfying bass, and are generally wonderful. I played these for a friend of mine, and she was so impressed she got rid of her finicky, and more than twice as expensive, Spica's (anyone who's owned them knows they are easy to drive past the breaking point) and bought not one but two pairs. They are the best sub-300 dollar speakers I've ever heard, and the funny thing is I spent as much time listening to other speakers before buying these as I did before buying my main system's $2000 Celestion SL600si's. I listened to other Celestions; B&W's; Infinity's; KEF's; NHT's; and Bose's; others, and these were the clear winners.
Admittedly it's been several years now but every so often I go back to stereo stores just to hear what's new, maybe to help a friend select stuff, and I haven't heard anything I liked better in the price range.

Purchased At:   Harvey Audio