Monitor Audio 700 PMC Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (6 Reviews)

BOOKSHELF TIPE

Submitted by joe joe a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
aiii, the 700 i got has a black bass/mid driver, obviously they are not metal..... am i cheated??

joe

Purchased At:   hong kong

Submitted by Bruno Szymanski a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
i have been using them for almost two years now.excellent speakers, considering price range and size.Best value for money in the monitor audio range. to my mind all monitor audio speakers are overpriced, but not this model.
i drive them - contrary to someone's opinion - with a audiolab 8000s.the sound is excellent and the bass that i get from them is more than enough for me.
i like them so much that i will upgrade to a HT soon and center&surround will be definetly monitor audio.

Submitted by Tris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2000

Bottom Line:
Hi all,

I just bought a pair of MA 700PMC speakers.
Found out that there isn't any
stickers showing serial nos, inspection status
& company/model nos on the speaker. What about yours?
Just curious to see this..
Another thing is the gold plated
"color" can be washed away if I
use alcohol to clean the driver?
Thanks for reading.

p/s:Overall, the speaker really sounds so good.

Submitted by Todd a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have owned these speakers since July '99, and have to say that I love them. I'm in the process of upgrading my system, and I decided to keep the speakers. They are the best mini-monitor for under $3000 that I have heard, and one of the best speakers I have heard. Forget Wilson or Revel or a variety of other over-priced speakers, these are incredible. Smooth and non-fatiguing with gobs of lovely detail. And fast, fast, fast. Woodwinds sound natural. Piano is astonishingly reporduced for such a small speaker. Only with massed strings do they show there less than perfect status. But then so do most other speakers. And on rock and jazz . . . forget about it. Granted there is no true deep bass, but the bass that's there is detailed and actually goes deep enough for my tastes. I'm having a hard time finding speakers that I like better. ProAcs are competitive, as are Totems (and the other brands I cited), but I love these speakers. They're definitely for music lovers. Highly recommeded, if you can find them.

Submitted by Nate Diemer a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 7, 1999

Bottom Line:
After an exhaustive search I chose the 700 PMC over competitors from B&W, NHT, Thiel, Von Schweikert, etc. I chose them for their detailed and balanced sound in comparison with many of the competitors obvious colorations. I also found them to be extremely detailed and fast and a perfect match for my REL Storm subwoofer (a piece I can't recommend strongly enough). They did take some time to break in, but once that was finished the sound really opened up and I'm very pleased with the soundstage width and depth. With gradually improving components I've also whitnessed an increase in the vertical space presented. The other factor that I love about small monitors is that they can easily migrate to the bedroom system or surround role when I chose to upgrade mains. I strongly recommend giving these a listen when looking for reasonably affordable small monitor speakers... I feel they best everything in the price range, but you might have to look a little while to find a dealer.
Nate