Mission 774 Floorstanding Speakers

4.84/5 (38 Reviews) MSRP : $1200.00

2 way (?), 2x9cm bass, 25mm tweeter

Submitted by Viker1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
The clearity and all around performance are wonderful in this loud-speaker set up, the highs are crisp and the mids are solid, the bass could be a slight touch more powerful, but all in all it is very sufficient. Im using them with a Marantz SR5200 reciever/amplifier, and their performance is very, very good. The price for these loud-speakers is very reasonable considering the performance they produce. Fit and finish of the units is also excellent.

Submitted by Craig a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
Just a quick note. I'm now bi-amping my 774's using four of five channels on an Outlaw 750 amp. Wow! Wire is still, MIT T-4 in two separate runs per speaker.

I've just recently gotten my mitts on Adire Audio's Rava subwoofer. It's the pre-assembled version of the Shiva Mk. II woofer in a nicely finished sealed, oak veneer enclosure with a specially modified 250 watt amp driving it.

This is the first sub that I've heard that has the speed and articulation to keep up and blend naturally with the 774s lean and fast bottom end. Best of all, it's $400 plus shipping from Adire Audio in Seattle. It puts the Mission 70as sub I originally purchased with the 774's to absolute shame. Check it out at www.adireaudio.com.

Happy Listening, Everyone!

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Boem a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
My best so far, cetainly for the price I paid. Initially the bass was a bit dry, but after some (pretty loud) use they became supple and fast. Still I think they are not especiaaly good for rap or heavy metal, but all other music sounds really great on these speakers.

Purchased At:   Expert (sales)

Submitted by Banden a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
I just improved these speakers dramatically. I placed them on 2" high cement slabs that are on felt on my hardwood floors I raised the spikes to 1.5" this raised the tweeters to ear level. Then I toed them in so i cant see the sides of the speakers from my listening position. The speakers are about 4 feet from the back wall and 3 feet from the side walls.

They have completely melted into the room. the soundstage extends beyond the room. and on Bela Fleck and the Flecktones' song called "flight of the cosmic hippo" the bass is literally overwhelming.

Submitted by Antonio Graciano a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
After testing lots of models, I chose 774 because of its fantastic sound. The bass is neutral, without reverberation. The midrange is articulated and has great presence. The treble has the most pure sound I´ve ever heard, even better than the similar models. I think I´ve made a good buy. I´m totally satisfied. Congratulations, Mission! They deserve 5 golden stars.

Purchased At:   TVSOM

Mission 774 with NAD?

Hi, I am thinking to upgrade my current JBL floordtanders (Stage series) with something better. My room is 15x12 and using NAD 355BEE amp with NAD 515BEE cd player. Someone is offering a pair of Mission 774 floordtanders at 500 Canadian. My question is whether these Mission will be a good match wi ... Read More »