Mission 753 Freedom Floorstanding Speakers

4.76/5 (37 Reviews)

Submitted by drdbiswas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2013

Bottom Line:
Mission 753 floorstanding with Audiolab 8000A amplifier has produced magic at my home for last 20 years. In my current location, I spent nearly 100 hours of research and approx $4000 for an AVR plus a pair of floorstanding and they don't remotely match the sound quality I am accustomed to. Do not ever miss a chance to grab a pair however "old" they may be and you will be profusely thanking me.

Submitted by nosirrahnad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have had the mission 753 for about 2 month now and lets just say, thay haven`t been off.
I cant find enough music to put on them and i own a lot.

I am only 27 my self and have been listening to music since birth with a father that lives his life round his hifi. I have know the 753 from them coming out and him buying a pair "which sounded brill" he had them some time before letting them go, which to this day he said he wish he hadn`t,

I have now bought some for a little fee of £50, yep i robed them. and all i keep gettin told by my father is "dont turn your back or ill have them"

They re sat in my 7.5m x 5m room running from an arcam cd92 cd player and powered by a musical fidelity a3 and musical fidelity a3 cr power amplifier with qunex silver spiral, cable`s. the bass is deep and accurate, with a crisp clear top end, i have removed th tweeter mesh which removes the strange noise when hitting high notes at volume and sounds loads better,

i listen to a wide range of music but to try ant speaker i use the old "yazoo, ode to boy" and "judie tzuke`s all at sea" from the album songs for vocal which makes the 753`s sound in ther place,

above most other speakers made.

Submitted by PATROCKET a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought the Mission 753 (non Freedom) and was impressed by the sound they can produce,
since they for about +/- 15 years old speakers.

They don't have to envy any of today's speakers, because they delivers quality sounds.

The sound is clean, smooth, articulate and detail for speakers that have been on the market
for so long, that is a sign of quality in all the building process.

I've owned B&W DM640i (to bright), Paradigm Studio 60 v2 (very good overall sound, but a bit laidback),
Paradigm Studio 60 v4 (very good overall sound, but the tweeter is bit foward/bright) .

The only drawback, they are not for big bass lover, the 753' bass is a little bit on the thin side
but still present .

The 753 are especially good on vocals and are a great all rounders.

Submitted by Caesar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought a pair of 753s in saudi arabia way back 1997, brought these here in australia and still using it with marantz amp for me still getting sounds that' perfect.

Submitted by aasenatrix a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2008

Bottom Line:
When I first purchased this set of speakers, I was a little skeptical based on their age. I bought used in 2007, taking a chance on the fact that mission builds a tough product that can stand up to the test of time. I have never made a better speaker purchase. Built in 1994, my set of 753s are a beautiful rosewood finish; they are not only a speaker, but also a piece of furniture. The quality of the wood finish far surpasses most speakers built today. After a good shining the sides of my speakers make my wife's antique buffet look shoddy and cheap.

As for the sound, when I first bought them, I was worried by reviews quoting a lack of low-end sound. Wrong!! After plugging the Missions into my H/K 3480 stereo receiver(delivering 145wpc into 6ohms) I was impressed to say the least. I couldn't believe my ears, an 13 year old set of speakers shaking the depths of my soul. I verified what I heard (and felt) with a sound analyzer. I got a reading of 35hz at the low end with my receiver louder then I ever usually listen. The dual mid-range speakers, combined with one of missions excellent dome tweeters deliver clear, rich voice with no distortion.

In all, if you haven't had the pleasure of owning a set of 753s, you are missing out on music in general. Mission has once again impressed me with the quality of what they produce....for the price of a pair today, you cannot beat these hand made, English powerhouses.

Purchased At:   Privately