Mission 752 Speaker Floorstanding Speakers

4.26/5 (23 Reviews) MSRP : $1200.00

one 6 1/2-in Aerogel membrane woofer and 1-in silk dome tweeter

Submitted by Martin Iles a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2012

Bottom Line:
They may be quite an old product now but just had to write how impressed I am with this bargain find on a well known auction site.

Firstly these speakers have to be positioned carefully. I made the mistake of having them too far away from the rear wall and toed in. Like this they sounded bright with no punch to the bass. They also didn't do quiet to medium listening. I had to crank the volume up to party levels to get any decent bass. Downside to this was the treble was way too harsh.

But ...and it's a huge but. When I sought advice from a hi fi forum I could not beleive the transformation in sound. By placing them just over a foot from the rear wall and firing straight down the listening room, absolutely no toe in, the speakers were transformed.

Bass is deep, very tuneful and detailed. You can pick out bass lines and get hooked on following them. The treble is no longer harsh, just keeping control before sounding gritty. The mid range is to die for. Putting it all together to make a very enjoyable listening experience. If you can still grab a good pair, don't hesitate to buy. These knock the spots off of my KEF q300's.

Just make sure you get them positioned right!

Submitted by AlexMiller a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2010

Bottom Line:
Original, flared cabinet 752's.
I have owned these speakers from new and they have been used in several, different sized rooms and everytime they have produced a great sound. Crisp, extremely detailed highs and mids with very tight, precise bass. Maybe lacking a bit of extension and 'Oomph' but this is put down to personal opinion and music taste.

The originals in my opinion are far better looking, with the METAL dome tweeter and mid/bass driver underneath the tweeter. Overall a great midrange speaker that will not dissappoint.

Submitted by Prune_Phace a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2008

Bottom Line:
This is for the 752 Freedom:

I bought these becasue of the rave reviews,but found out they weren't that great.Quite dull and boring sounding speakers(even with a bright amplifier),with a light bass.
There are better speakers out there for the price,namely the Castle Acoustics,Tay,Eden and Avon.

Submitted by Yuri a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 3, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have owned a pair of the Mission 752F's for about two years and every time I sit down in front of them, I become more and more amazed at how free, quick and open they sound. Like every amatuear audiophile out there, I have couple of reference tracks that I demo their clarity with (Nuyorican Soul/It's Alright I feel it, Cypress Hill/Real Estate, Paul Weller/Broken Stones) and each time I play the tracks they sound better. The bass is so taught and fast, yet at the same time deep, clear and subtle enough to let you here distinct underlying riffs within a track. In my mind however, the top end is the speakers crowning glory. With what sounds like God's very own voice coil 'embedded' in the solid chasis, everything that passes through the silk dome is a joy to hear. Musicians breathe, strings are plucked and keys are struck. When you can hear this kind of detail in entry level audiophile speakers, you know that you've made a great investment.
My system is a modist one (Arcam 7 CD, Arcam 8 & 8P bi-amping the missions and, of course, a Rega Plannar 3 for analogue) but with the missions being the last link in the chain, it turns a $4,000 system into a system that sounds like it should cost twice as much. Want some speakers for less than $1,500 ? Don't think twice - go buy them.

Submitted by Neil Robinson a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
As a salesman at a high end audio store I was able to reference many speakers to many others across a wide range of listening environments (including equipment). I ended up buying a pair of 753F4 and 752F4, with the intention of choosing one, in time, and selling the other (I get very good deals on equipment). I wanted to keep the 753 due to all the amazing reviews and their fantastic, powerful, good looks....but they sounded midbass thumpy and slightly muddled in the mid range( 500 - 1000 Hz). The 752 although slightly lighter was quick, clear, very natural and warm....without going into great detail it just moved me in a way the 753F4 did not. I have it biamped with cyrus straightline and a cyrus power....a stunning combination! I highly recommend this speaker.