Mission 734 Floorstanding Speakers

4.13/5 (16 Reviews) MSRP : $899.00

Reflex 3 way, two 7in woofers, 7in mid, 1in tweeter

Submitted by Paul a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2016

Bottom Line:
I got the Mission 734i and I have to say that I love them, They produce a very detailed deep soundstage.
They can sound boomy as described in some of the reviews on here, but that's purely down to placement..I use the Bose 601 series 3s as my main system (which in my opinion you can not compare) But it has made me realise through the sound of the missions that there's a whole new world I have not tapped into when it comes to true audiophile stuff as I love the missions natural sound so much! You need to have them towed in towards the listener and at least 1ft away from a back wall. They are like a Ferrari with the speed of the response you can get from them...it's a sound I'm not used to! Again this is the first time in 20 years I've ever experimented with other speakers other than Bose..(I don't like the cubed stuff) I'm on about the bookshelf and floorstanders...These are classed as bottom of the line audio speakers and like I say I'm actually blown away at the thought as to how good a couple grand speakers must sound! But I'm Very impressed with these if you see a set buy them! Absolutely awesome with dance and classical music (you'll feel the performance) and even badly recorded music sounds good and never dull...Just place them properly and you'll be rewarded with an addictive sound 5 stars from me based on the £500-£600 original price

Submitted by Jack Johnson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2016

Bottom Line:
I dont find them harsh with quality equipment, nothing you will ever find in a block store. Great sounding pretty well balanced speakers, They are crisp and detailed but never harsh. The bass is ample but not annoying, contrary to other opinions. Perhaps some readers are using poor quality source material and or amps, or system synergy just isnt there. Room acoustics could be in question also. Excellent bang for the buck speaker here (no surprise being an English make and all :)

Submitted by chris r a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2015

Bottom Line:
Got the mission speakers a while ago now and there great and now I need to get a new part for one of the speakers so I need some help to find parts for it needs a speaker because one of my friends kids poked the speaker

Model 734

Submitted by Ashley a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have had these speaker a few months now and they sound really good for what I payed for them deep bass and sharp vocal i recomend these speakers you can get hold of these very cheap now i only payed £40 but needed new tweeters witch I found for a £10

Submitted by Dielis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have these speakers a few months now in my possession, and I must say that I am very satisfied. Now I have not paid too much for it like a 150, = euro and so is my price-quality ratio a 5. As the sound I regard a 5 to because these speakers really sound great, even without the modifications listed here in the revieuws. The condition is, that you have a good amp with enough power and you must use the spikes that came with the speakers because that makes a real difference. It is strange that the 734 is not in the list to the missions in audiorevieuw with al these others? The 734 has 2 woofers each box instead of 1 like in the 733 as the extra woofer in the 734 take the bass to his account and therefore it is absolutely unnecessary to use a subwoofer to. The negative criticisms mentioned here I really can not find myself in this it sounds to me really unfair for these speakers. This is probably the saying of "garbage in = garbage out" So if you can find these baby's and you want to have a very good speaker, I say definitely buy them you will not be disappointed.