Mission 733 Floorstanding Speakers

4.39/5 (23 Reviews) MSRP : $649.00

Reflex loaded design, 2 7-in woofers, 1-in tweeter

Submitted by Wayne a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2012

Bottom Line:
Hello. Ive owned a pair of 733i's for 15 years now and im still as pleased with them as the day i bought them. The sound that comes from these speakers is absolutly fantastic. If places a minimum of 20cm from the rear wall and 8ft appart the sound stage is realy good they have a quite warm sound once they have burnt in but can handle realy good deep bass and mid,treble is also very clear. I think is all down to the quality of the recording in the first place that makes a good pair of speakes shine. (i have a sub but don't need it with these speakers).. I listern to a lot of diferent types of music from rock to chill and the speakers dont fail to please. I auditioned the speakers with insomnia by faithless at Huddersfield Hi-Fi centre. I first listerned through a pair of TDL floor standers and the song blow one of the bass cones out of its seating and got stuck there. The Missions blew the TDL's away no comparison!! Its a shame that the modern speakers these days in my opinion don't seem to have the same sound and build quality as the older ones. To get a decent pair your talking a £1000 upwards. So for that reason im keeping my budget Missions im very pleased with them and if any one out there is looking for a pair of good second hand ones go for it you won't be dissapointed. Wayne aged 47 Huddersfield.

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2011

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers late 90's together with a NAD receiver en cd player. Worked the whole summer for this set, speakers where i think 700 guilders (E300). Receiver and cd player have been replaced by Yamaha e730 and a Ipod classic 160gb with lossless wav. The speakers are still in my living room. Excellent sound, natural and clean, high's nicely seperated form lows. Painted them white some years ago and think they will be in my living room for quite some time

Submitted by leon a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2007

Bottom Line:
I knew these speakers from the past as good sounding for the money.
Resently,I bought a pair second hand for a friend of my,who has no car,so I picked them up.
At my place,I hooked m up on my set,wich is way up the missions league.
My (tube)amplifiers cost 10 times the retailprice of the missions,to give you an idea.
I just put them in front of my own speakers(apogee)en plugged the cables.
What I heard was truly magnificent!
A very large and deep soundstage,with realistic images,wich I din,t expect.
The bass was natural sounding,just a little loose.
The amps realy made the missions sound like I never heard them before.
Music was floating trough the room,even image heigt was in good proportions.
Voices stood upfront,60 cm above the baffle,in the centre of the soundstage.
The amps let the missions breathe,with a lot of air and spacious sounstage,what,s a credit of the easy to drive missions.
I bought a pair for myself allso.
They don,t have the top end of the apogee,but the performance for such a budgetspeaker is fab.

Purchased At:   second hand

Submitted by simmi chauhan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
I swapped these speakers for Morduant Short MS904's, these were slightly cheaper and a few people I know had said they were very good. The Mordaunt Shorts had better bass at higher volume levels but these speakers are definately better all round. The tweater is crisp but yet not too crisp and the mid is spot on however I must say that the Bass isnt as deep as it should be at lower levels and at High volumes seems to get lost. At a moderate volume these are good speakers, I also noticed that it took them a while to bed in and after two days of playing they did sound alot different.

Purchased At:   Richersound

Submitted by Wim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
Being my first real audio set back in 1998, this was like an audiophonic revolution to me. the speakers can still handle every genre from hard pumping drum and base to a fine piece of classical music. the speakers are hooked up to a Rotel amp and I recently changed the appearance bij spraypainting them and using new rosewood like texture on the frontpanel (i always thought the light wood texture didn't suit the interior) Now i have great sounding, and great looking speakers.

Purchased At:   stafhorst utrecht, h