McIntosh LS350 Floorstanding Speakers

Submitted by Matthew a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2015

Bottom Line:
Mcintosh speakers are generally do not receive high reviews by the audiophile community. Regardless, I gave these massive speakers a try. All I can say is that I was blown away by the LS350s. Truly exceptional sound when properly driven. I paired them with a MC2102 tube power amp.

The first thing that I noticed is that these speakers have some of the best bass that I have ever heard. I was hearing low notes that I never knew were there. Classical concerts were amazing, especially cello. Rock music also really benefited from the added low end.

The second point to mention is that the sound-stage was remarkable. Close your eyes and you fee like you are teleported to another place. I have never heard another set of speakers that can match it.

Clarity and detail of vocals was very good too. However, I would say my Spendor sp100 probably out do the Mcintosh in this regard.

The only real negative is the size. Massive is an understatement. Ultimately this is why I had to let them go.

Conclusion: Not for NYC apartments. But a serious contender for your ultimate home reference system.