MB Quart QL S1030 Floorstanding Speakers

Submitted by annguyen251 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2004

Bottom Line:
I've got the MB Quart QLS 1030 for the fronts, 330 for the center, 530 for rears. These speakers can do any task! From Home Theater to Music they are excellent. Even with classical music they shine the the champs. I owned Enery veritas line before but they could not compare with these MB Quarts. The Quarts are deadly quite, they have abslutely no bad noise. The mid range is superb, I like them much better than B&W 803 series. The bass is very tight and nice. The highs is excellent with their titanium tweeters. These are world class speakers that many can afford. Strongly recommended.

Purchased At:   yawaonline.com

Submitted by JoeB a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
Bought these from www.yawaonline.com which clearanced them from MB Quart and are able to post bargain basement prices...but can't advertise them. They are authorized dealers and can't advertise below MAP but if you email them you will secure a much lower price than what is on the website - and you'll still be fully covered by the MB Quart warranty since they are authorized dealers online and in-store.

Bottom line: these are the first speakers I've heard in 5 years that made me want to upgrade my Energy Connoisseur 6 speakers (which are well respected and reviewed and sound great). I have since moved the C6s to the bedroom and the MB Quarts have populated my Home Theater system (note: I listen to about 60% music, 40% movies).

I had 3 friends come over for a single blind listening test (where I switched between the C6s and 1030s without telling them, imaging was so good on both that they weren't able to tell which speakers were on from a distance of 10 feet) - all three preferred the 1030s, and one offered to take the C6s off my hands for a low price, which I didn't take, and so he did the next best thing: he bought a pair of 1030s!

Purchased At:   www.yawaonline.com

Submitted by Rockmelikeahurricane a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is bar none the best speaker available for the price. Even if I had not gotten a deal on the floor models I would still consider them a great deal. These speakers are so sharp and precise that it makes movies and music a whole new experiance. When listening to stereo SACD's I have trouble pinpointing the location of the speakers yet I feel like I have been hit in the gut when a hard drum hit occurs or in movies when a gunshot goes off. The best way to describe these speakers (and all other MB Quart speakers I have ever heard) is 'punchy and clear.' The bass response is fantastic as is the titanium dome tweeter. These babies hit down to 28hz, I have a sub but I really don't need it (although I love it). Voice matching is great on the MB Quart speakers, I have all MB in my setup and they match perfectly. Seriously consider these speakers before buying anything else.

My system:
JVC 32" TV

Purchased At:   Audio Video 4 U

Submitted by Ted Hewett a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
Purchasing these gorgeous speakers was a big step for me.
I previously owned Polk RT55 purchased at Circuit City for my fronts and JBL for center, surround and sub. Lets just saw I wasn't interested into sound quality at the time and more of "home theatre" sound.
I was first introduced to MB Quart through my car stereo
shop (Safari Audio). I had tried Jbl and Boston Acoustic
previously and lets just say MB Quart is in a league of their own! I had been to several sound competitions and considered my car a true "sound quality" vehicle.
When deciding it was time to upgrade my home theatre to my
"sound quality" standards, I immediatly went to the MB Quart
web site to see what they had to offer. I fell in love with the S-line and was glad to see that Safari Audio was able to order them (QLS1030, QLS330CTR, D1200SL, and Balcony surrounds) for me. At the same time my Onkyo receiver had been out for a month getting repaired at Circuit City (no surprise) so I decided to upgrade to Marantz (AV9000, MM9000). I am not sure which made more of a difference since both were hooked up at the same time but lets just say Mb Quart and Marantz kick butt!! I am no longer shopping at Circuit City - they are below my standards! I recommend these to everyone who enjoys sound quality when they listen to music to phenominal movie theatre experience!

Submitted by Lance a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
These are the most impressive speakers that I have heard. I can't believe the sound that they deliver for the size of the speaker. The bass is incredible, and they only have dual 6.5in. drivers. These speakers are impressive in every way. I would recommend them to anyone. I listen to music ranging from Pantera to Mozart, almost everything (except Country).