Martin Logan Theos Floorstanding Speakers

• Vertical Dispersion: 44" (112cm) line source
  • Sensitivity: 90 dB/2.83 volts/meter

Submitted by Matthew a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2013

Bottom Line:
Product model year is actually 2013 but Audioreview doesn't give any option newer than 2010.

As a long-time ML fan, and past owner of SL3's, Aeon i's and Vistas, these are as expected. Open, airy, amazing soundstage. Theos are the replacement for Vista and I can state after owning both they exceed the Vista, larger panel makes a difference. Mine are not burned in yet as I've only owned them over a month, so I expect the impressive sound to get even better.

Build quality is perfectly Martin Logan, solid and gorgeous. ESL's are a work of art to me and look as good as they perform. I have had no experience with tube amps but my SS ones (Plinius, Musical Fidelity and hopefully the Krell I have coming) all have sounded wonderful with all my ML's. The MF A300 is a particularly good match, just a damn good integrated all around. I'm moving to a Krel 250/a this weekend so let's hope the rumors of separates are always better remains true. If any improvement at all is noticable I will be a happy camper.

5 stars except in vale...$4995 is way up there considering it's not even top of the line, and actually closer to middle. Buying these on the used market through a quality site such as Audiogon is ALWAYS the best route. I bought mine through Magnolia Audio since they matched an open box price from another retailer and had 3 yrs same as cash or otherwise I would have bought used for the 4th time!