LINN Ninka Floorstanding Speakers

4.65/5 (40 Reviews) MSRP : $1500.00

2way infinite baffle loudspeaker

Submitted by Petroes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2014

Bottom Line:
I found these speakers used for $1100 cnd (thus the value rating of 5 stars) in almost mint condition. I've done quite a bit of reading on them before taking the jump. After getting some to go through all my records and really getting to know the speakers I would have to go ahead and agree with everyone here who has given them rave reviews. For my listening needs I enjoy a well balanced sound with tight bass along with an emphasis on details. If you are looking for the same things, and want your music to shine effortlessly in a concise controlled manner then look no further. I hope you can find a great deal on a used pair, as you wont be disappointed for the sort of value you'll be getting. I can't see you getting much better brand new at the $1000 price range.

As for those who were disappointed by the speakers and complained about them being 'too bright' or 'lacking in bass' I can only assume that they:

1) Didn't set the Ninkas up properly (as was the case during my demo from a dealer who had them without pegs sitting on wooden boxes) or general poor acoustic positioning (see manual).

2) Their amp is not really made to run 4ohms or lacks power.

3) Or just simply they do not appreciate a well balanced sound that is composed and tight without any theatrics or flash - and just allows the music to speak for itself.

When positioned right (with pegs firmly placed on hardwood floor) I have never found them to lack bass or be fatiguing with bright details while listening to everything from electronic, indie/alternative, experimental and classic rock/blues.

Lastly, I would like to say that I am running the speakers at 120wpc bi-wired (not bi-amped) and I feel like the sound is quite adequate and even good enough to rock the entire room at higher volumes. But even when pushed I have the sense the Ninkas are barely breaking a sweat. The possibilities for bi-amping or other bi-wire configurations that would allow for independent powering of the highs/mids and lows really allows you to get more out of an already great speaker down the line with further amplification upgrades.

Submitted by Cretin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2010

Bottom Line:
Image like mad. Equally great for jazz and mellow stuff and if you wanna crank some Gov't Mule. No fatigue. My problem is the power plant I have that's driving my Ninkas is woefully inadequate to them. And, still, they image like mad and thump when asked. Good speaks. I brag on 'em, as yall can tell.

Submitted by moby.gp a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2005

Bottom Line:
These are extremply good speakers and the grow with the electronics you use. I used them long time active with Linn genki/kollektor/2xLK140 and switched to B&W speakers for some time. I was never happy with B&W and after compering a lot of speakers and electronics (B&W Nautilus 804,803, Jm Lab Electra 927 BE, Sonus Faber, Audio Physic, KEF ... on different Electronic from Krell to Audionet) I'm back to the Ninkas in active Mode with a Linn Unidisc SC and 5125 Amp. And they sound incredible!!! The electronics you use with them is very important. And this means also the source you use! There are people, who are running them with a Unidisc 1.1 and Klimax amps and the Ninkas will let you hear the difference. They can sound better than speakers, which are many times more expensive their price range.

Purchased At:   Cologne, Germany

Submitted by stmusic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2004

Bottom Line:
One of the best sounding set of floor standing speakers that I have heard with a lot of solid grounding sound and not as bright as it's cheaper competitors.

Submitted by gcopel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have had the Ninkas in my HT for over two years now and can find no fault with them. However, many reviewers have faulted this speaker with having little or no bass. I, on the other hand, have had people over to watch movies and who have looked around the room for the sub woofer because they hear and feel the rumble of the bass, and have all remarked about how clean the bass is. So far everyone has been amazed to find that there is no sub in my system. I have to wonder if the others that are complaining, are just not matching the speakers with the right electronics.

I have not once felt that these speakers create listner fatigue. They sound is natural and well balanced across the frequency spectrum.

If you need good sound with little cost, compared to many other brands of speakers, you should give the Ninka a long listen.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Dallas Audio Concept

question about Linn Ninka bi-wiring

I can ask to the following to Linn or my dealer on Monday, but have today(Sunday) to tinker and want to set up my Ninka's for passive bi-wiring. I removed the back collars and removed the link board ---there was only one as opposed to the two mentioned in the manual, and they are marked slig ... Read More »

Denon AVC-A10se & POA-T10 running LINN NINKA's ?

Can any one help? I have recently bought a pair of LINN Ninka front speakers for my AV set-up, I bought these to replace a pair of RUARK Prologue 'R's (which where very nice). My problem is that the Ninkas do not seem to have the same power and drive the Ruarks had. The Ninkas have better treb ... Read More »

How would you complete my system? Linn Ninka+?+?

Hi I need buying advice. I am basically building a system from scratch. I have a pair of Linn Ninka's so far. I am looking to spend around $2000 on used equipment as to maximize my $. I basically need an amp and a cd player. I listen to all sorts of music both rhythmic and harmonious, - classi ... Read More »