LINN Keilidh Floorstanding Speakers

4.64/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $1975.00

Infinite baffle speaker

Submitted by Windjammer a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2012

Bottom Line:
Bought a pair of Linn Keilidth round about '93 and will not give them up especially since I've moved them into my dedicated listening room.For a period of 5 years I had them stored and thought i had to change them for something more up to date however partnered with a Musical Fidelity Electra 100 amp, Rotel 965 bx CD and have them placed on Q stones plus three layers of bricks covered in velvet (to hide them) these speakers are hard to beat. This combo certainly
rocks: Deep bass excellent imaging open great with just about all genre of music especially jazz blues classical and even my king tubby reggae dub albums. I am planning to get another pair hopefully a much later version with the updated tweeters. I find that placing the bricks under them and a distance of about 10 inches from the wall let them sing.

Submitted by JohnNick72 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2005

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased a pair of Cherry finished Keilidhs, with the Ku-Stone bases, 2nd hand for what I think was a steal - $635 (these were ~$2K new a few years ago). I am running them in Bi-Amped AKtiv mode through Tara Labs RSC Prime 1000 powered from 2 Linn LK140's sourced by a Linn Mimik CD player, and a Linn Majik IP Integrated Amp.

I am amazed at the level of clarity, imaging, and the wonderfully full-bodied sound that these little monsters put out. These speakers, with this Linn setup, sound absolutely fabulous.

I have listened to a random sampling of the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, David Gray, Ben Harper (with the Blind Boys of Alabama), Travis, Radiohead, Sting, Smashing Pumpkins, Charlotte Martin, Elliott Smith, Dave Matthews Band, & Ray LaMantangue in the 2 days since I had all the equipment, and they handle all of it perfectly. I just can't get the smile off my face! :-)

Do yourself a favor and pick up a pair of these, and run them with an all Linn system for maximum enjoyment!

Purchased At:   e-Bay (in USD)

Submitted by steve-03 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
When i first lisened to the Keilidhs, i knew i wanted them, i had at the time Karik cd, Wakonda, and two Lk100 amps, they sounded much better than my Linn Index speakers, which was no suprise! But i found that the bass could not keep up with certain music, this was sorted when i added active cards to the Lk100, it sounded alot better, it inproved further when i bought another Lk100 with Aktive card, but it was then that i found that the Keilidhs were not bringing out the best in my all Linn system, which was then Tri- active, the bass was abit 'one note' so i now going to change them for Linn Espek, which will then bring out the full potential of my system, but at £885 they certainly made me 'hear the music' for a very long tine.

Purchased At:   Image Audio

Submitted by Paul Lansell a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
Laying back for the first time to listen to the Keilidh's i tried a variety of musical forms. It excels in all forms with great feeling coming through in soft music such as Shawn Colvin or The Beautiful South. It also brings out the life in more upbeat music creating a real "toe tapping" sensation, but where the Linns shine best for me is when i relax and sit back to some Easy Listening and classical music. Frank Sinatra's live album goes a long way to show the quality of the speakers.

The only fault (if any) with the Keilidh's is a tendency for bass to be mixed on more dancy records.

All in all excellent value for money

Purchased At:   Off a Friend

Submitted by p_yuan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
I had a friend moving to Shanghai, who didn't want to spend a lot to set up his HT. This gave me a chance to sell my 1st HT system. And now it's my turn.

During the test, it didn't give me strong 1st impression but did present all details of music and very balanced. Overally it's good for sound reproduction. Besides its decent name is also of additional value.

Unfortunately I was given an offer which can't be given up at great cut of my budget for a pair of MS Performance 860, which is at different level of reproducing greater energy. (For interested friend, please check my review under Mordaunt-short 860).

Wish all users good experiences with your Keilidh.

Purchased At:   Local authorized dea

Linn Keilidh Speakers

HELLO,:smilewinkgrin: DOES ANY LINN KNOW IT ALL KNOW THE SENSITVITY OF THE LINN KEILIDH SPEAKERS EVEN IN ACTIVE OR PASSIVE MODE. MY LINNS WERE BUILT IN JULY 1993 AND TO THIS DAY THEY STILL SOUND AND LOOK GREAT BELIVE IT OR NOT, AND NOT EVEN A SINGLE UPGRADE TO IT:skep: . ALSO DOES SOMEBODY KNOW ... Read More »

Linn Keilidh speakers.

Hi, I own a pair if linn keilidh speakers in passive mode. Along with my roksan kandy mk3 intergrated amp and a sonneterr byron cd player. The linns sound RIGHT ON:thumbsup: with the system as in detaild, fast, punchy and bright, but it nice sound not HARSH that gives you the sour face look.:dit ... Read More »

Linn Keilidh speakers.

I own a pair of linn keilidh speakers along with my roksan kandy mk3 intergrated amp. Also i am using a sonneter byron cd player to. I'm using these in passive mode of course on a bi-wire connection. Does any linn freak know the the sensitivity/db/ of these speakers in passive mode?. Any way these s ... Read More »

Linn Classik, Keilidh question

Does anyone know if the Linn Classik is a good match and will comfortably drive Linn Keilidh speakers in a room 10 ft x 20ft? I have a set of the Keilidhs that I am now driving with a Naim Nait and they are a good match. I like to crank it up at times and the system gets my feet a tappin. But a ... Read More »