Legacy Audio Whisper Floorstanding Speakers

4.73/5 (22 Reviews) MSRP : $12900.00

10 driver, 4 way 210lb monster

Submitted by BrentL a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2014

Bottom Line:
They are also crazy beautiful speakers: http://litzer.com/permanent/ibsub/whispers.jpg

Submitted by Brent a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2014

Bottom Line:
I bought these used. They are incredible. I agree with previous reviewers on sound quality/sound staging in all aspects.

If you are a fan of boom, boom, distortion and one note type of base - these are not for you. Bass is big, but super tight just not kick your sternum like bass. A high quality sub fills that niche if you really need it. To give you an idea, I turn off my sub for TV use. I have watched many, many movies only to realize, after the movie, that I forgot to turn on the sub-woofer. I did not miss it. Listening to the movie again with the sub - of course I could notice a different, but it was only lower/louder, not better. ( and I am a bass hound with a customer built IB subwoofer with 4x18" drivers flat down to 11Hz)

Also, people that have not experienced high end audio speakers should not be reviewing as most of them do not value true music fidelity and do not know what they do not know.

Submitted by Nicoli a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
These are the best speakers by far I have ever listened to. The problem is that it reveals the lack of quality of a recording. So if something was recorded poorly, it will show. I can hear background noise, such as (movement, whispers) that I could never hear before on other speakers. You can't go wrong with 10 drivers! Whispers give great frequency response from the lowest lows, to the highest highs. Can't compare cabinet quality to anything I have seen. Best money I have ever spent.

Submitted by nordattack a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
Since so much good has been said already about these speakers let me keep it simple for you. Listen carefully- Imagine the sensitivity, clarity and explosive dynamics of the best horn speakers combined with the mystical transparency of the finest planar speakers and you have the new pagan god known as Whisper. These speakers are so revealing that even if you change a power cord you go, "Whoa I can hear that!" no exaggeration. Anything you put in the sound chain is immediately revealed for what it is. Lousy recordings are known instantly for their wusyness and great recordings and performances have the tears flowing in abundance. I have owned these speakers for over three years and I will never give them up! I just keep upgrading everything else but there will never be a need to change speakers. Get these speakers! You will never regret it.

Purchased At:   Legacy

Submitted by Eyespy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
The Whispers are fantastic speakers, with a very realistic sound reproduction. Despite a multiple driver array, they sound seamlessly integrated. Deep, tight, authoritative bass, rich, smooth, beautiful, luxurious midrange, detailed, crisp, accurate highs. Extremely broad dynamic range. Easy to tailor the bass responce to the actual room in which they are used owing to the adjustability of the Whisper Bass processor. I have listened to and compared these speakers in the same set-up with Legacy Focus, System Audio 950s, Genesis 300s, ESP Harps and Concert Grands, and Audiostatic DCI-4 full range elctrostatics. The Whispers gave the most transparent, detailed, and satisfying sound with an unsurpassed realism, and the widest sweetspot I have ever experienced, making even off-axis listening a joy. Their imaging and sounstaging are equally superb. Whether for pristine stereo listening, or for Home theater excitement, my highest recommendation.

Legacy Audio Whisper - Request to move from "older" to "new" products

This is currently listed in the "older product" section. Request to move it back to new products as it is still the current model. Maf: Legacy Audio Speakers: MainRead More »