Klipsch RF-25 Floorstanding Speakers

4.33/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

The Reference Series continues its legacy of powerful sound and visual elegance with the RF-25 floorstanding loudspeaker. This new model offers the same dynamic quality, superior sound, and cosmetic appeal that made the now legendary RF-3 a best seller for three years in a row. Combining those traits with a smaller package and a more affordable price ensures that the RF-25 will also become a fan favorite.

The RF-25 produces lifelike sound through its dual 6.5-inch, magnetically shielded woofers and a light weight 1-inch titanium diaphragm tweeter loaded with an exclusive Klipsch square Tractrix® Horn. The advanced horn design dramatically increases efficiency and allows the loudspeaker to produce more output using less energy. This improves reliability and minimizes audible distortion.

Submitted by Guillermo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2011

Bottom Line:
Nice quality and design, superb bass but... the mid range is a little bit poor.
Extremely recomended for home theater systems, rock, pop, electronic music sounds great, classical or jazz not bad for 2-way speakers.

Strengths:
Deep bass, affordable price and monster cable is used inside.

Weaknesses:
Mid Range

Submitted by deadsexy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2007

Bottom Line:
These Speakers are sexy, but not as sexy as me because I'm Dead Sexy!
On numerious occasion, I've heard the variious Klipsch models in the retail outlets and being snobish with my high end ideals I though "these can't be any good". So even though I knew that they sounded good, I refuse to listen to that inner voice that says " If it sounds good, then it damn well is!"
Fast foreward several disappointments later..... I was between speakers and thought why not? ....so after a couple of hours at the local London drugs I laid down the long green (at 45% off)
For the money I've been very pleased with sound of the RF25's: the bass is slightly bloated, but has real good punch (ka-pow!) and as the rest of the spectrum- real good dynamics, which I'd say is the speakers strong point. The midband is clear and only slightly foreward - on vocals which are dead center of the midrange. This can be real nice, as it gives the music that 300b type of presence; i.e. never, never offensive. The trebble is actualy a tad laid back; these speakers don't have the "air" of the mega$$ boxes do; it is there of course, just a bit laid back. Fine by me.
Another stand out is that the 25's have a big sound... They're full bodied with a warm midbass and lower midband. Personaly I can't stand thin sounding products, but thats just me. Mabey you'd like to purchase tiny loudspeakers covered in endangered Brazilian rosewood; they certainly will look the part, but will never sound to scale. Go large man.
I'll summerize by saying that together with my Rogue Cronus and turntable, I'm getting some real sweet sounds......and on the cheap to boot !

Purchased At:   london drugs

Submitted by blueacara a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have had RF 25 for about 1 year now. Briefly, these are really good speakers, probably the best I have heard.
Installation of these were easy and they responded well to bi-wiring. Moving them around to find the sweet spot wasnt tough and it didnt require a lot of toeing in. Finding the right amplifier/reciever on the other hand wasnt as easy. I first started off with a Yamaha HTR and the sound was nothing special, but it did great on home theater application. Next I tried speakercraft BB 275- sounded great in parties but seemed to have listening fatigue. Eventually I ended up mating with Bogen 10w/ch tube amp and the sound is better than almost anything I have heard (with the possible exception of some maggies- only for music). The bass is articulate, tight and goes quite low, can almost do without a subwoofer even for home theater. For music the bass is very adequate. The highs not bright but just right. Mid range can almost be taken for granted and sounds very nice. The guitar on hotel california is spell binding, the pluck, the running of fingers on the string... The vocals were crisp, deep, even the scratchiness of throat was accurately described.
All in all an excellent buy.

Purchased At:   Ralin

Submitted by farl a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2004

Bottom Line:
After months of searching, At last I’d found the speaker that I’m looking for. I’d auditioned Definitive Tech, JM lab, JBL, Infinity, Bose. RF-25 speaker blown them away. It takes very little power to get these speakers to play at a loud volume. They create a wide soundstage that fills up your listening area with crystal clear highs, and a punchy bass. It isn't bright at all, unless you're used to listening to muddy, boomy midrange and bass from your Bose speakers.

These speakers preformed even under the most demanding musical tracks. I compared the RF-25 to a similar priced Definitive Technology floor model. No comparison. The Klipsch RF-25 was much, much more defined. When compared to a higher priced B&W floor model, the Klipsch just plain sounded better. The B&W was a gentle peck on the cheek, while the RF-25 was a solid slap to the face. I didn't realize what I was missing out on before I purchased the RF-25. I've heard things with more clarity and precision than I've ever heard before. Especially when I played my old CD’s, I'm sure you will, too.

Submitted by Jack Petroski a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
I listen to a lot of classical music and opera. I wanted a speaker that could capture highs of the human voice very well and was not concerned about booming bass. I also needed a speaker that could be played at a very low volume and still keep excellent sound quality. My desire was to have the sounds of an opera hall, not the latest blow 'em up movie. From all reviews I have read the path kept leading to the Klipsch RF Series which were in my price range.

The Klipsch RF25s had a little more clarity than the 15s and I just didn't need the power of the 35s. The speaker has delivered what I expected and paid for.

I teamed the speakers with a Denon AVR 1604/684 receiver. This was the same receiver that the salesperson was using for all the demo speakers in the showroom and they seem to be a good match.

A great speaker for serious music listeners. Less perfect for the surround sound movie viewer or pop music fan.

My wife was skeptical replacing older bose speakers but once she heard these she was knocked over. A dramatic improvement in our listening pleasure.

Purchased At:   Ultimate Electronics