Klipsch Reference RF-3 Floorstanding Speakers

4.78/5 (206 Reviews)

Tower speaker. 2-way with dual aluminum cone 8" woofers, and horn loaded 1" titanium dome tweeter

Submitted by rigox a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2015

Bottom Line:
Nice! Nice, I love them I took me a while to find them, they sound great........!

Submitted by uman5819 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2015

Bottom Line:
I bought these well cared for on CL for ~$400. best decision I ever made. These are bullet proof. Every time I turn it up I just get more music! I would say the low middle is a bit muddy but the spread of detail from top to bottom is magnificent! They can kick ass on Kings of Leon screaming guitars, they can present Norah, Sarah, and Ella with dazzling reality of stage presence, and bottom out the bass on Lorde without missing a beat! I have logged hundreds of hours on these and never heard them do anything bad. I power them with the Denon 3803 which I have to say, leaves a lot to be desired in the onboard DAC area. Add a new modern technology high grade DAC between source and amp. I got mine for about $200 I think its the Tubemagic, you will not be disappointed. I did three A/Bs: 1) with the Toshiba CD player pulling DAC duty, then direct to amp (Denon has a switch to bypass all onboard DAC). 2) the optical output from CD player with Denon pulling DAC duty, 3) TubeMagic DAC to Denon direct again. TubeMagic of course also has a tube output. Of the four sources the Tube Magic either in DAC or tube mode was the hands down winner everytime. Using Denon's DAC left vocals muddy and messy and crackly. I turned down pianos, it was ugly. P.S. The toshiba has a 1 bit DAC, whatever that means.

Submitted by pabxpangulo68 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2010

Bottom Line:
for those privileged who have the RF-3 series II, I salute you!!!.....after 7 years, the more I listen the more I love them, these are already a legend....by the way, I took a look into more Klipsch recent versions and non of them didn't impress me..I better stay with my old RFs...they really rock!!!

Submitted by uman1916 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2009

Bottom Line:
These babies rock whatever you throw at them. They just keep doing it again and again effortlessly. Everytime I hear them I fall in love all over again.

Submitted by arjn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
I Bought this 4 months back. I ahd auditioned it with Paradigm,Polk and Bose. Although my heart was set on the Amphion Xenons, the price factor made me go for this.

After the fist 50 hours of breakin I am in love with these babies. They play both classical as well as rock with equal ease and my receiver is hardly tested !
I find no need for a subwoofer ...Just put in hell Freezes over by he Eagles and when the drums in Hotel California hit in...My god.. its amazing !!

I use it primarily for Music and find no need for a Sub. Even in HT mode, I dont need a Sub as the extensions is pretty good..but the salm (Which i dont particularly care for) is not there and can only be provided by a Sub.

There are reviews that say these are bright, but my ears seem to really take on to these and can spend hours listening (Before breaking in they were harsh)

I do like to go around and listen to other speakers, but when comparing t most in these price range like Def techs, KEF, Mirage ii come back happy that i bought these.

Additionally these look Great without the grill and really Stand out...anf the moment you put the grill back on they kind of merge in...I could go on...