Klipsch P-38F Floorstanding Speakers

• Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
  • Mid-Frequency Crossover: 550Hz

Submitted by Nic Rakovic a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2012

Bottom Line:
Extremely good speakers. Lifelike is the one word I would use if I was pressed for just one. They are tremendously good for music or movies as they are part of my 7.2 all Palladium system (the subs are not Palladium...Klipsch RT12d and Paradigm Sub 12). I have the Palladium center, Pf-37 rear and P-27s sides. The mains, rears, and center all have Emotiva XPA-1 pushing 1000w peak (which they never do...but I will push them as loud as I can stand and no hint of distortion from anything); I get the potential for 1000w because they are all 4 ohm speakers otherwise the amps would push 500w.. Obviously, they don't need anywhere near this wattage but they handle it easily and sound as real as many of the best and most expensive speakers I've auditioned. I paid something like 2/3 of retail on Audiogon with a warranty. I doubt I'll ever buy new speakers. I almost bought a nearly new used pair of B&W 802 for something like $15,000.00 out the door. They fell short, as if they were a big box of large speakers wrapped up in blankets with no detail, realism, or dynamic range. The P-38s are highly recommended.

Product model year:   2009